1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Nerf bars

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by chevy_truck_driver, Apr 6, 2012.

1. chevy_truck_driver

chevy_truck_driver New Member

I am wanting to get nerf bars for my pick up and i am not sure what i wnat to get. If anyones got pictures of these on theres with the brands of what they are please let me know so if i like them i could look into them. They have to mount to the frame or body mounts becasue i do not like it when they attach them to the rockers. Thanks
  2. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 New Member

Mine are black powdercoated from Ebay. I'm not sure what brand (if they even have one). They mount to the body mounts with new hardware. Took about 30 mins to install. I am upgrading when I do my lift and getting wheel to wheel bars so I can get to the bed easier.

[​IMG]
  3. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member 1000 Posts

I have no pictures because I don't have them yet, but I'm planning to get the RBP RX-3 Series Nerfs. They're wheel to wheel and I just love the way they look. You can do a google search for them and find a few pictures. Hunt around on autoanything.com and autopartswarehouse.com and you'll find quite a selection, most with pictures.
  4. RAV52202

RAV52202 New Member

I have found that the oval steps are nicer because they are a little bit lower and not stuck right up under the rocker panels. The round tube ones are nice though. if you have an ext cab i would suggest looking for the steps with the middle support bracket. makes a big difference if you are a bigger person. and go with the ones that bolt up to the cab mounts. easy to intall and look nicer to me. just my .02 cents
  5. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos New Member ROTM Winner

bought mine off of Autoanything.com, but I honestly don't remember the brand. They have a pretty good selection though!
    [​IMG]
  6. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 New Member

Those look the same as mine. Just generic 3" tubes that bolt to the body mounts. I don't need a name brand and they work great.
  7. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I had the smittybilt chrome nerf bars on my 95. They were still rust free when I took them off last year. They mounted to the body mount bolts.
  8. roughcntryrado

roughcntryrado New Member

I have some for-sale as we speak for a single cab lmk if your interested have all hardware and mounts they are "bully" step bars
  9. Strino78

Strino78 New Member

I got my extended cab 3" stainless nerf bars from a seller on EBay. He sells "Truck Champ" brand and they bolt right to the body mounts. Have to drill one hole in the frame for a support bracket. Install literally took 20 minutes, by myself. A few minutes would have been shaved off if I had help holding the nerf bar while putting the bolts in -- but that's the extent of the difficulty involved. I paid $120 shipped for my set. They've been holding up for two years. I would recommend them.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...ckchamp&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313
  10. chevy_truck_driver

chevy_truck_driver New Member

Thanks fot the offer but mine is an extended cab and i do not believe that they would fit. Thanks for the offer though.