1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Nerf/Step Bars

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Kylet45, Oct 10, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Kylet45

Kylet45 New Member

I have been looking for some step bars for my truck for a while now and i cant find the right ones for a cheap price.
    Can somebody help me?
    I just want nice bars for a cheap price either chrome or stainless.
  2. Stouffer

Stouffer New Member 100 Posts

Westins are priced fairly and a decent product with a good warrant and many styles to choose form.. Also easy to install, but I am sure most are.
  3. gatormike69

gatormike69 New Member 100 Posts

I am happy with the ones from the dealer.They are chromed stainless and have three mounting points which make them ( I think) more supportive. I'm not sure of your price range though ?
  4. Darknesss23

Darknesss23 New Member 100 Posts

5. MWright936

MWright936 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

You might check out JC Whitney. They usually have pretty cheap prices on stuff. Also, Autoanything.com is a good place to look, and they have free shipping.
  6. 09 Z71 4x4

09 Z71 4x4 Member

I got mine at truckchamp.com the house brand good price great quality.
  7. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

summitracing has a large selection as well. I have had Westin and Smittybilt and no complaints with either.
  8. black06

black06 New Member

bars

Stay away from the Nasta brand they are junk. I bought a set for my 05 Colorado when i had it and they would start knocking underneath good price but junk. I have a set of Westins on my truck and I love em. Little expensive but you get what you pay for. A friend of mine bought his truck and the bars that came on it were Cabella's and the passenger side brackets were bent little fyi.
  9. lorenceoforegon

lorenceoforegon New Member

i cant really tell you where to find low priced nerf bars, but i can tell you watch what you buy. i have a 2009 silverado 1500 z71 crew cab short bed. and i bought a set of nfab nerf bars and the driver side bolted up fine, but on the passenger side the rear and middle bolt lined up fine, but the front bolt was about a quarter of an inch off. when i called nfab an asked them about it they said it was a known problem on the 1500s and that i would have to cut the factory hole on my truck to make it fit. you'd think after spending a decent amount of money on a product it would not need fabrication on your part to put on especially if it was a known problem. anyway im ranting but i guess moral of the story is if you have a nbs 1500 dont get nfab.
  10. s5belford

s5belford New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

what ever you decide, make sure they aren't painted steel, I had some on my 95 jimmy because I didn't want to spend the extra $$$ and they started to show rust bubbles within a year....