1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Nevada Edition or SLE edition

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by jd4, Aug 26, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. jd4

jd4 New Member

I was looking at a Sierra Nevada Edition equipped with the 4.8 engine and an SLE edition equipped with the 5.3. Price difference is $4000 to move up to the SLE edition. Which would be the better choice? Thanks. Most of my driving is done in the city with stop and go traffic and little towing.
  2. Falcone

Falcone New Member 100 Posts

I have the Nevada, while I love the truck sometimes I wish i had the 5.3. Though 99.99% of the time i'm more then happy with my 4.8 just wish I had the V4 shut down feature for all my highway driving. Thats my only gripe. I choose to not spend the extra 4 g's and use it towards payments instead haha.
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Go with the SLE, 5.3. You'll be glad you did.
  4. jd4

jd4 New Member

Thanks for the reply. Falcone, you're from Toronto? I'm from Mississauga. So, we're neighbours.
  5. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos New Member 100 Posts

I had the 4.8L in my '06 Silverado, and upgraded to the 5.3L in my '10 Sierra. I have to say that I'm glad I ended up with the bigger engine! I do a little bit more interstate driving (love to travel) and the VVT on the 5.3L has been awsome! Even in the city the little bit of extra oomph from the bigger engine still puts a smile on my face! Overall I'd still say go with the 5.3L, and you won't be dissapointed!
  6. Falcone

Falcone New Member 100 Posts

haha yeah jd4 we pretty much live down the street from each other based on this forums geographical diversity. And although as I said I'm more then happy with the truck, don't get me wrong if money wasn't a huge issue and I was doing it again. I'd get the 5.3 forsure , it was just the extra $80-$90 the 5.3 was going to add to my finance per month that kept me from getting it.
  7. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I love my 4.8.I do no towing so its got plenty of power for me.