1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Never been a big fan of Ford until this afternoon....

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by nickgiacalone, Apr 8, 2009.

1. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone Rockstar 100 Posts

A buddy and I both had the day off today and decided we wanted to go to used car lots and test drive vehicles that we had no intention to purchase. the first lot we went to had a 2003 Mercury Marauder. I was amazed by this specific vehicle. It had 75k on it and really put you into your seat when u mashed the gas pedal. It had 75 hp nos, powder coated rims, K&N CAI, super chip, 410 gear,1" rear sway bar, power stop breaks drilled and slotted rotors, eibach springs, new extra wide rear tires. The first stop light after I left the dealer, I hit it, the engine roared and the first shift came around 6300 and chirped the meats shifting into second. oh and that was at almost 60mph. as of today, i officially can say that ford isnt a totally useless automotive company.:lol:
  2. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

yeah, wait till it gets to 80K. then there'll be some problems.
  3. PontiAddict

PontiAddict Rockstar

Sounds like its had quite a few things done to it to make it drivable too...hard to make an OE judgement.

However, I will agree, I love panthers, and especially the Marauder...however, I think it should have come with the 5.4, but oh well.
  4. omegafiler

omegafiler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Yep, if you're lucky. :)

Nice looking cars though.
  5. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You may be right but Chevy had the concept in the mid 90's with the Impala SS.

The Marauder is a nice lookin rig though
  6. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone Rockstar 100 Posts

it may have problems at 80k. thats why i was just driving it for fun....absolutely ZERO intentions of buyin ...lol
  7. b8k2jha

b8k2jha Member

Ford

No matter how much $$$ you through at a terd its still a terd isent it?
  8. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Atta boy. :wink: Good times though
  9. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I like those cars (as much as one can like fords). They're sinister looking.