Never saw this before ?????? (Diesel Prices Cheaper than Gasoline)

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by JTWard, Sep 3, 2013.

1. JTWard

JTWard Member 1 Year Gold Member 100 Posts

I was out a little while ago and I drove past an EXXON station and the price for 93 High Test was $4.03.9 a gallon and Diesel was selling for $3.95.9. I've never seen a gallon of 93 octane gasoline cheaper than a gallon of Diesel ? :gasp:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2013
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

? Did you get the decimal points in the wrong places or was that the point of the message?

3. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I think the. 9 s represent the 9 / 10ths on each gallon.....just my. 02 cents worth...rofl.... Brian

4. JTWard

JTWard Member 1 Year Gold Member 100 Posts

Ah no, but I thought you'd know that a gallon of 93 octane DOES NOT sell for 4 hundred dollars a gallon, but if you want decimal points, Ok their now in the post.

5. ChevyFan

My wife says I nitpick too much. I gave her 15 reason why that was not true.

6. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken. :p

7. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

I thought I once was correct and was STILL mistaken! Lol

It's sad really. Diesel is a by product of gasoline. Wtf are we doing paying more for the by product than the real deal?! Does the government want diesels off the road that bad? Hell, drop the price of diesel down to $2 gal and war h the economy turn itself around!

8. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Growing up, and I am not that old, diesel was always cheaper than gas.

9. ChevyFan

They actually can make several different things IIRC out of the leftover junk made from gasoline. Plus they have to move it somewhere else and to more processing, but that's another subject. I think diesel makes a lot of sense, but not when there's so much tied up in politics around fuel and energy.

10. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

Here in St. Louis the prices are as follows for gas and diesel:

87 - $3.41
    93 - $3.71
    Diesel - $3.75

Premium prices crack me up, you ever notice premium is ALWAYS $0.30 higher no matter the price of gas? When gas was $1.75 a gallon, premium was $2.05. It looks to me that $0.30 per gallon higher is all the public is willing to pay. Scam if you ask me.