1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Never seen these but....(HID)

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by vncj96, Jan 21, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

2. Scratch

Scratch New Member

True HIDs require higher voltage and most of the time, your factory light wiring is not good enough. You risk overheating and perhaps a fire.
  3. vncj96

Actually HID require less power to operate, I have just never seen these particular aftermarkets
  4. Scratch

Scratch New Member

HIDs require a ballast. The ballast will draw about 35 watts (regular bulbs require about 55 watts) but produce about 23,000 volts. Your wiring, from the ballast to the light, needs to be able to carry that much voltage.
  5. vncj96

I understand this, the ballast is the same as your ignition coil, it takes a certain amount of watts and produces so many volts, I am not asking that, I am asking has anybody every used this particular brand, I have never seen them before!
  6. Land Shark

Land Shark New Member 100 Posts

Never seen these before. I think the guy bought them and then found out they weren't what he wanted and is selling them.
  7. z71boiler

z71boiler New Member

It looks like the brand is legit. There are 2 versions, one with the Silverstar lamps and one without. The one without Silverstar on their site is $485 and the one with is $535. (http://www.xesighting.com/products.html). Looks like they have lights for Jeeps and Bikes, may want to check out some of those forums to see if they're any good.
  8. 15silverado00

15silverado00 New Member

I have 8000k HID's in my truck and I only paid $160 shipped. I've had them for a couple of months and I haven't had a bit of problems with them. I got them from retro-solutions.com.