New 14' Owner from NC

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by kbucksot, Jan 31, 2014.

Newest Photos

1. kbucksot

kbucksot New Member

Gents,

I wanted to thank you first for the information that I have gotten from the forums. Also I wanted to share a quick pic I took this morning when I got to work.

Once again thanks!

kbucksot

photo.jpg
  2. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

That is a good looking hotel building back there. The truck ain't bad either. :glasses:
  3. the phantom

the phantom New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

:sign0016:To The Club!!!! Let the mods begin:party::lol:
  4. kbucksot

kbucksot New Member

Lol actually my leveling kit is already on its way.
  5. GeorgiaZ71

GeorgiaZ71 New Member

Welcome to the club! Great source of information here. You won't be disappointed with the leveling kit on the 14...it was the first thing I did (within a week of ownership)...followed by bigger tires. I don't go more then 4 days without someone complimenting my truck....not joking.
  6. kbucksot

kbucksot New Member

Lol. Thanks and yes putting the kit on Saturday. I was born and raised in Georgia. Born in Decatur but raised outside of Athens on Lake Hartwell.

Tires are my next purchase. I am thinking stock wheels since I like them so much.

Did you put any spacers on for wheels? And what size tires did you go with?
  7. Camaro69car

Camaro69car New Member 100 Posts

Welcome to the Club from VA!
  8. GeorgiaZ71

GeorgiaZ71 New Member

Very cool! I was boating on Lake Hartwell twice last summer.

Yes, I kept the stock wheels for that exact reason. I looked & looked for wheels and couldn't find anything I liked really anymore than the stock wheels. I almost went for some Rockstar wheels...but they are just too common, I see them on just about every lifted Jeep around town.

No spacers needed for the wheels, and I went with 275/70/18 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac. They are about the tallest tire you can put without rubbing issues. They are actually taller than the other popular size of 285/65/18's. I know some have put on 33x12.50's (or the equivalent metric size) but those are just too wide for my personal taste. I don't like tires hanging out of the fenders throwing everything the tire picks up down the sides of the truck. But that is just my taste.

Here are my before and after pics;
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php/136546-Newb-from-Georgia