Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

new 1996 C2500 Suburban owner

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Jay Travis, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Jay Travis

Jay Travis New Member

Hi. I'm Jay, and I just bought a 1996 GMC Suburban C2500 7.4L SLT. It needs some work, and since I've turned wrenches on pretty much every car I owned since I was 16 (and I'm 47 now) I thought this would be a good place to get reference information, etc. about it. As for me, I own a small home-based gun shop called Attic Arms in Waverly, TN.

2. GMCErica

GMCErica Rockstar 3 Years GMTC Chick 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Welcome to the GMTC Family!! Great site to meet new people and learn lots about your 'Burb.. Great to have you here... Please let me know if you need any help with the site or have any questions... Hope to see you at our Regional Summer Truck Meets in August... :)

3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We are the Borg. Lift your vehicle and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Erm, I mean ... welcome to GM Truck Club, Jay! :great:

4. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Welcome and congratulations on your new purchase!

5. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club Jay, It's good to have you with us. :glasses:

6. Jay Travis

Jay Travis New Member

Thanks, all. I got the title turned in and the tag for it today. Now to get it up and running right again, starting with how I can get the hood open with the messed up cable release so I can charge the battery and get the alternator tested...

7. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club! Glad to have ya.

8. Jay Travis

Jay Travis New Member

Thanks, FINALLY got the hood up (unbolted the whole latch mechanism from the front with the two bolts and then cut the cable off) and pulled the alternator and it tested O.K. so now to figure out what's going on there. Ahh; the joys of going through a new vehicle and chasing the bugs out... 002.jpg

9. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C ! Congrat's on a good heavy duty hauler!

10. Salesguy1980

Salesguy1980 Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome Aboard!