1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NEW 2010 GMC Savana AWD on the way!

Discussion in 'Chevy Express Forum (GMC Savana)' started by 1flyfisher, Jan 7, 2010.

1. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

Ordered my NEW van today with all the goodies. Now I can't wait for it to get here. Pure Silver, AWD, G80 Locker, Remote Start, loaded. Everything but stereo and nice wheels. The Van wheels it comes with look pretty bad so next fall I am getting some new chrome American Racing Assaults for it with some beefy BFG At's Or maybe Toyo At's. I'll get an Alpine stereo system installed too.
    I got a great deal too through the Costco Auto Buying Program. $800 less than my second best offer.
  2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Congrat's on the new van! How long will it take to get it?
  3. 1flyfisher

Thanks
    Well they say at least 6 weeks. It could be up to 10 weeks.
    I highly recommend the Costco Auto program. Best deal there is.

4. CHEVYVANMAN

CHEVYVANMAN Rockstar 100 Posts

the waiting will suck,

you will love it though, nothing like pulling up to a normal van and leaving him there at the light, and cyclone donuts are fun also.

i have never had mine stuck yet, mind you i am not lookin to framestick it, just yards and muddydriveway applications haha not to mention a couple feet of snow

make sure ya post up pics.
  5. 1flyfisher

Do you have the AWD?
    I got the AWD with the G80 Heavy Duty Locking Rear Differential and the 3.73 rear end. 3.42 was standard but I read an article from a GM exec that said there is no savings on gas $ between the two.
    http://www.trucktestdigest.com/axle ratios.htm
    I will add new wheels and Some All Terrain Tires. I am leaning to BFG AT/KO, Goodyear Silent Armour, Toyo Open Country's AT. It should do well offroad and in the snow.

6. CHEVYVANMAN

CHEVYVANMAN Rockstar 100 Posts

yea my van is in here on a thread also, they all come with a rear locker though, mine is 1/2work 1/2play,what style are you getting? pass,or cargo
  7. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Awesome! Trade ya straight up for my 07 Ford E250...:neutral:

***sigh****my life sucks...
  8. s5belford

s5belford Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

conrgrats on the new van, it sounds awesome and I'm sure it will be!!! I'd go crazy waiting for that long, I'm not much of the patient kind :)
  9. 1flyfisher

\The RPO Code> G80 Heavy Duty Locking Rear Differential isn't standard, it is an option, costs $325.
    Cool Video [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8nAbg5suFw"]YouTube- 20% grade G80[/ame]

Mine is a Pure Silver AWD cargo van, pewter cloth seats, power package, chrome appearance pac, tilt/cruise, Heavy duty Alternator and battery, Tow Package, Heavy Duty locking Rear Differential, sliding cargo door, no stereo, swing out windows on the rear doors and cargo door, deep tinted windows, heated mirrors with turn signal indicators, 3.73 rear end.....that's about it.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  10. aburrob

aburrob New Member

Congratulations on your new van...I have had 4 recent GMC Savana vans, the last two with AWD. I love the van, I really do but I would recommend the extended warranty. The first AWD van had 2 transfer cases, my current 04 Savana at 140,000K is going on its 5th one this week. Other than that.....super solid. Good Luck.