Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

New 2012 Colorado 4x4 V8 Owner in Southeastern Arizona

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by JFFR, Jul 2, 2012.

1. JFFR

JFFR New Member

Hello,

I just bought a loaded 2012 extended cab 4x4 V8 Colorado. We bought it from a dealer in Texas and already put 1200 miles on it getting back home to Arizona. I haven't had a chance to take it off road yet, but I think it is going to be pretty good. I took the factory side step rails off and had the windows tinted right after I bought it. At this time I want to get a power tuner and a bed cover. Since this is somewhat of a daily driver and pleasure vehicle, I don't have any other mods planned at this time.

[​IMG]

2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

looks like a sweet ride. toyed with getting one of those a while back. hows the ride/mpg and so on? LT/LTZ?

Alex

3. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome aboard. Nice truck.

4. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club!

5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We are the Borg. Lift your vehicle and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Erm, I mean ... welcome to GM Truck Club and congrats on your new DD! :great:

6. JFFR

JFFR New Member

It is a LT with factory 18 inch wheels and the off road package. The 4:10 gears have if wound up to 2350 rpm at 75 mph. I would have like it to be geared a little taller, but I can live with it. The ride is rough to say the least and I haven't had a chance to take it on a dirt road yet to see how it compares to my other 4x4 truck. My rough estimate of the gas mileage is not that good, but on the drive from Texas back to Arizona, we had it running 80 mph a lot of the way back. It was averaging about 17 to 18 mpg, but it should do better once we slow it down. I want to get a power tuner or chip for the engine because I think I can get some better performance out of the 5.3 V8, although this little truck is pretty fast in stock form. We are going to get a bed cover for it soon but need to check into which one will work best for us. The only down side to this deal was the factory side steps that were on the vehicle and I have since taken off. We didn't like the look with them on it and now I have a new set to sell or store.

7. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you with us. Nice ride, congratulations. :glasses:

8. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club and congrats on your new ride!!!

9. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C ! Nice to see another V8 Colorado on the site.

10. JFFR

JFFR New Member

Your welcome to all those here. This is my first Chevy truck, but the Colorado fit what I wanted in a 4x4. It is the right size for what I do off road and it has more than enough power to go down the highway. The 5.3 V8 has been around for a long time and is a solid engine. Here is what the truck looks like with the windows tinted and the side steps take off. It already has the leather power seats and I was lucky enough to find the factory rear under seat storage bin, which I should have in about a week. Before the truck is taken off the pavement, I will have the 3M clear tape installed in the areas that will be most prone to rock chips. I will wait until I have about 5K miles on the truck before I install a chip in the ECU. I need to learn a little more about these 5.3 V8's before I jump into that mod. A Bully Dog monitor is on the list of things to buy soon, because I want to see the actual mpg and some other information. For anyone that is interested, the new factory side steps will be for sale, since I doubt that I will use them.

[​IMG]