New 2014 Corvette Revealed

Discussion in 'Chevy Corvette Forum' started by ChevyFan, Jan 14, 2013.

Newest Photos

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

When General Motors engineers and designers started work on the next-generation Corvette, they drew up the usual requirements for the star of American muscle cars.

Killer looks. Big engine. Handles like a race car.

But topping the list back was something at odds with the roar of the car's big V-8: Gas mileage.

The new Corvette could not be a gas guzzler. Stricter government rules were forcing a leap in fuel economy. If the car burned too much gas, it would trigger fines from regulators and never get built.

"There won't be a Corvette if we don't care about fuel economy," said Tadge Juechter, the car's chief engineer.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-205_162-57563766/2014-corvette-ready-to-roll/

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

From the front and rear the new vette looks like it's trying to morph into Mitsubishi 3000GT. Yuck.
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Front looks a bit like this.... DSCF0010.jpg For 1/4 the price..
  4. SurrealOne

I don't think it resembles a Lamborghini, at all, in pictures; the lamps are too far to the outside to resemble a lambo. The 3000GT's headlamps, however, are on the corners!

I'll also say to you what I said to Nak -- one thing we can agree on is that it DOES NOT look like a Corvette front end. Compare it to the 60's vettes and the heritage lines just aren't there, up front ... or in the rear.
  5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

2014 Corvette.JPG 495723-2014-chevrolet-corvette-stingray.jpg I was looking at the lower part below the bumper..
  6. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

i like it. looks like a vette to me.

Alex
  7. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 New Member 100 Posts

Personally I think it is ugly, I always loved Corvettes (except for the early 90's C4). I am just hoping it will grow on me with time.
  8. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I think it looks wicked cool from the front.

From all reports it will be a more precision machine rather than just brute force.

The ass end looks a little too Camaro like, but I think it's impressive that a 190+ MPH car can get ~30MPG. 450HP in a ~3200lb car is going to be an exceptionally fast car.
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  9. SurrealOne

Let's hope they properly appoint the interior and that the suspension doesn't beat you to death. Cheap interiors and brutally stiff suspension are the chief complaints high end car buyers traditionally have with vettes. Technology now allows for adjustable suspension to provide different comfort levels in different driving scenarios ... and plastic is readily avoidable in cars that carry the price tags that vettes now carry.

We'll see.
  10. Thunderchild

Thunderchild New Member

Outstanding!! I like it as the next Gen Vette!! Will get if all work's out this year.