1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

New 33" Nittos Rubbing - 2002 Yukon XL

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by triggerfin, May 2, 2013.

1. triggerfin

triggerfin New Member

I have a 2002 Yukon XL - original owner. I just put on a set of 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers on stock wheels, stock suspension and they are rubbing badly in the front when turning. I've run BFG ATs (same size) in the past with no rubbing, so was surprised by this. Would a small budget lift (keys/blocks) fix this or am I doomed to having to sell them and go back to the BFGs?

2. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

samal budget lift, as you say, will fix it...
    crank the keys and you should be fine, if for some reason it does not, then there is just a SMALL amount of trimming you can do to the plastic which will be completely fine

3. JungleJim

JungleJim New Member

Yeah, I put 305/70R17 NITTO Dune Grapplers on my 2004 1500 Suburban. Even after lifting it with a 3" SkyJacker suspension lift, they were rubbing when I turned the wheel. I took it to a body shop that removed the plastic "mud flap" attached to the fender and pulled the inside of the wheel well back as far as could be. One problem is that there is an air conditioning line that would have to be relocated to provide anymore clearance.

It would seem that the new Suburbans would be an even bigger problem since the wheel wells are so square.