1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New 5.3 programmers...

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by lelik30, Dec 17, 2008.

1. lelik30

lelik30 New Member

Wanted to get your input on what programmer to use to get the most out of my truck. Saving gas is a primary but I also want to be able to put up fights with Tiatns.
    Does anyone have any installed? What kind of gas milage do you get?
  2. Never Enough

Never Enough New Member

So far I've liked the Bully Dog 40510 on my 5.3 the best.
  3. rotaryenginepete

rotaryenginepete New Member ROTM Winner

hypertech works
  4. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts

alot of the guys will tell you custom tune from nelsonperformance.com I will get mine from them when I get my taxes back
  5. smainsw

smainsw New Member

I've got a superchips cortex programmer on mine, a buddy of mine had superchips on his dodge, so that kinda influenced my decision. Depending on what setting you have it on there is a definite increase in gas mileage, not so much now in the winter mind you doesn't help using the remote start so frequently either. . . but getting into a warm truck sometimes can be priceless especially when it is -30 C outside.
  6. lelik30

lelik30 New Member

Does anyone have actual gas milage numbers with and without programmer? I appreciate it.
    In case anyone needs to know - I have 09 Silverado Z71 with 5.3
  7. Stouffer

Stouffer New Member

I like my custom tune from Blackbearperformance.com Good price and any updates you want are free
  8. tlperry68

tlperry68 New Member 1000 Posts

It looks like you are going to be the test bed for milage numbers.
  9. ibmoses

ibmoses New Member

Good Question. I also would like to see some facts.:neutral:

Bert:eek:ut:
  10. white and chrome

white and chrome New Member

Diablo Predator. Works wonders on my 5.3