Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

New 6.0 2500 with a question.

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by mdblb05, Dec 11, 2012.

1. mdblb05

mdblb05 New Member

Kind of a tech question, but kind of a new to the truck question. I just bought a new 2012 2500 LT with 6.0L gas motor. I have one issue with the truck so far. When I turn the steering wheel while the truck is moving I hear a hissing noise. Ive never heard this on any vehicle while it is in motion. Usually I would hear this while at a stand still and turning the wheel too far to one side. Its noticible at speed with the radio on and drives me nuts mostly because its a new vehicle. This is my first HD truck so my question is, is this normal on the newer HD trucks? It doesnt do it while sitting at park is what is throwing me off. The truck has like 500 miles on it now, and I feel like there couldnt be something wrong with the pump already could there? Before I take it in to the dealership I thought id pick the brains of some Chevy vets.
    Thanks,
    Mike in Va

2. Salesguy1980

Salesguy1980 Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome aboard. I would get a dealer tech to ride with you to hear this. My 2011 2500 6.0 has 45K and never heard that noise before

3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have seen stranger things happen with new vehicles. I believe that your truck is equipped with a hydro brake booster. It could be an issue with that also. A sticking valve inside the hydroboost or the gear box could cause the noise that you are experiencing. Time for a trip to the dealer

4. steved

steved Former Member

Mine makes noise...9,000 miles on the clock. Its not bad, but you can hear it with the windows down...

It wouldn't be a pump issue, it would be the pressure relief spring if anything...