1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

New A/C c ompressor for '99 Sub

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by beltrunner, Mar 1, 2012.

1. beltrunner

beltrunner New Member

I'm getting ready to replace the a/c compressor on my '99 Suburban. I've read that some of the new factory Delphi units can leak where the case is split. I have a new Four Seasons unit lined up for the swap. I have not seen any negative reviews on the Four Seasons compressor, and it is pretty comparable in price to the Delphi unit. Anyone have any experience with Four Seasons equipment? Thanks for any input.

2. ChocolateJollis

ChocolateJollis New Member

I wouldn't recommend Four Seasons equipment. I've gone through 5 of their compressors in my '77 Buick since 1995, and replaced the hoses and orifice tube each time. They seem to be intended as a quick fix to tide you over 'til buying a new car. Keep in mind though, I have only had experience with their R-12 compressors, and I'm guessing the '99 'Burban has the new refrigerant.

hth,
    John

3. janikphoto

janikphoto Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I can't say that it will be bad or good, but there are a few things that remanufactured just doesn't seem to compete with OEM... those would be alternators and a/c pumps.