1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New additions to my Sierra

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by Cableguy, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I finally got a chance to put in the after market tail lights in(Mine were faded and pitted) I put the Tonneau cover on to keep the snow out.

[​IMG]

and I made a box at back to put groceries and shopping goodies in (To keep them from rolling around) Kinda handy so far...

[​IMG]

Note: The patio slabs in front of it 4 24"x30" 105lbs each, thats 420lbs! It rides like a dream and no fish tailing in the snow anymore.
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

That's a fantastic looking divider.

Hey, I've got some shelves to put up in my mud-room, next time you're in town give me a call. :rofl:
  3. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hey jamie is your sierra a 2wd or a 4x4. The main reason I ask is i'll be taking my 2wd truck to canada soon as was just wondering how they handle the snow traction?
  4. Cableguy

Thanks. It's quite stable too (It's not fastened in, it lifts out quite easy too)
    1500 miles is a long way to install shelves:rofl:
  5. Cableguy

Mine is a 2WD. I get around not to bad in it actually. (With the weight) You should be OK, Maybe some weight of some sort would be an option (Sand bags or whatever, overtop of axle)
    Where ya headed to in Canada?
  6. GM_Guy

GM_Guy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

your truck looks nice! the snow does not
  7. finalday7

I'll probly be heading to vancouver island but I liked Calgary last time I was there. I guess I'm just tired of having to work under the table. But anyways I was thinking of maybe getting one of those shur-trax weights in the back. I think they're good for a couple hundred pounds. Also do you have Limited slip or a locker in the rear. I'm going to be changing gears and wondering if a locker would help in the rear?
  8. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

my sierra is a 2500 2wd open dif. Last year I had a friend of mine put in half a loader full of sand/gravel in and I was set even with bald coopers on it. It would ride perfectly but if you wanted to fishtail you definitely could.
  9. Cableguy

Vancouver your OK...Calgary brrr watch out!
    I have the famous "1 wheel peel" but now that the a$$ end has a little howl to it I'm in the market to put in posi. Althought posi in snow is worse. You have to watch what your doing on the gas pedal (I've wiped out large many times with posi.)
  10. finalday7

O.k so do you recommend I stay with my one wheel wonder.