New and looking forward to finding out more about my truck

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Crakums_GT, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

The truck that I am currently trying to get fixed up is my 2004 Silverado. It currently has a 6" fabtech suspension lift and 35 inch tires on 18 inch wheels. The only other thing that has been done so far is a new radio with xm and all those goodies. I'm looking for a good place to start to get more power out of the 4.8 vortec. I've heard cold air intake, headers, exhaust, tuning...any input is welcome. Just a bit about me, I have a beautiful 4 yr old step daughter and a 3 mo old daughter, a beautiful wife, a great dane, a boxer/sharpei, and a australian shephard/blue heeler. I think that's about it. Appreciate any replies. Thanks.

Greg

Attached Files:

2. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTC, Greg. Sounds like you have a full house of dogs and kids there!

You pretty much got it right... intake, exhaust and tuning. I think that's step 1 in getting more power / better mileage. Look forward to seeing your progress!

3. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site Greg!

4. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the forum! What gears are you running to push those big tires with that little 4.8?

5. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTC!

Good lookin truck!! :great:

6. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTClub!

7. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! Agreed that you are on the right track with intake, exhaust, and tune. Nice lookin truck!

8. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the forum

9. plumber_rob

plumber_rob Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome to the site.

10. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I haven't changed anything other than the lift and tires/rims. I was worried about the 4.8 not being sufficient but I still get pretty decent mileage and she crawls rocks great. But all but the tires and lift are stock.