New Avatar Sizes

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by ChevyFan, Dec 29, 2010.

Random Gallery Photos

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I'm testing out some new limits for Avatar sizes and Profile Pictures as well, need some people to test them. So please try to upload a new Avatar or Profile picture if you would and then give me feedback.

I have asked about a dozen people to try this, with mixed results so far with the ability to upload larger files. Just make sure that you're uploading a photo that is NOT over 1 MB in size and the system should auto-resize it down for you.

New Avatar limits are 100px x 140px. So that's 100 pixels wide by 140 pixels vertical.

EDIT:
    New Limits are the same for Avatar and Profile Image.

120px by 140px and 80k total size.
  2. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Well i just tried to change my avitar to no avail i resized down to 133x100 and it was still saying that the file was to large.
  3. Chevy Girl

Chevy Girl New Member Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

mine got all screwy and resized small. I'll try again

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

wowie! that is so much better!!!
  4. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Thanks Steve!, big difference
  5. ChevyFan

The filesize needs to be below 80k, it will resize down but I'm not sure how much. I did it successfully at 250k for the file size.

Volunteers!?!?!
    If people can't figure out how to resize their images, we need to have some volunteers to take them and resize for them. Just start a thread and ask for help getting it resized, then attach the file you want as your Avatar and the one you want for your Profile Photo and someone will help out. RIGHT?
  6. troutbug

troutbug New Member 100 Posts

Figured it was time to change my Avatar anyway. It's bigger now, but I didn't mess around with resizing it. I could probably get it bigger, but it's okay as is. Thanks Steve.
  7. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I will, im at my work and this work computer isnt set up for it i just realized.. But i will be happy to do it since im only up here one week a month! so starting monday ill be all over it!
  8. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

IT WORKS ...lol
  9. ChevyFan

PG-13 please.
  10. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Ha Ha Ha Ha, I just knew Scott would screw up somehow. It's just in his personality makeup to be that way.... I just thought he'd be complaining about how he couldn't put pics in & try to blame it on the site lol....