New BFG Rugged Terrain Tire

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by torqydd, Aug 16, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. torqydd

torqydd New Member

I just happen to be close by the local 4 wheel parts store during lunch and came across this new tire by BFG. It seems like a mild ATish tread but with side bitters on it. I am just curious if anyone has just recently bought these or knows someone who has them. I really want a true "hybrid" tire seeing that from March to October i dont see much of anything but concrete then hunting season begins then well I see it all. Wondering if would be a good investment over some of my other choices I have in mind. Kinda on the fence post now.

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2013
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

One of the 4x4 magazines just did a wright up on these tires. I will see if I can find the issue and let you know.
  3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

It was 4 Wheel Parts' "Off Road Adventures" magazine, August 2011 edition.
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Off-Road magazine, October 2011, page 46. They said its between a BFG A/T and a BFG M/T km2. Got a good wright-up.
  5. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I guess they're tryin to do just like Nitto did with there Trail Grappler being Between a Nitto terra grappler And Nitto mud grappler but i believe that really is a good idea for people with multiple needs.
  6. torqydd

torqydd New Member

I have that august issue around here somewhere. Probably didn't pay much attention to it at the time since I have/had my mind set on trail grapplers or dura tracs. I hate decisions some times but at least the tire shops here have a 30 day ride and try type program.
  7. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

8. Rockstarrchevy81

I think the Nitto Trail Grapplers look way better then the BFG Rugged Terrain but that's just my opinion!
  9. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

its a pretty good looking tire. will have to go back and read the write up on it.
  10. Rockstarrchevy81

I really don't like the looks of BFG tires anyway except the ko's all other designs don't have that appeal for me..