1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New BFG Rugged Terrain Tire

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by torqydd, Aug 16, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. torqydd

torqydd New Member

I just happen to be close by the local 4 wheel parts store during lunch and came across this new tire by BFG. It seems like a mild ATish tread but with side bitters on it. I am just curious if anyone has just recently bought these or knows someone who has them. I really want a true "hybrid" tire seeing that from March to October i dont see much of anything but concrete then hunting season begins then well I see it all. Wondering if would be a good investment over some of my other choices I have in mind. Kinda on the fence post now.

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2013
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

One of the 4x4 magazines just did a wright up on these tires. I will see if I can find the issue and let you know.
  3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

It was 4 Wheel Parts' "Off Road Adventures" magazine, August 2011 edition.
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Off-Road magazine, October 2011, page 46. They said its between a BFG A/T and a BFG M/T km2. Got a good wright-up.
  5. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I guess they're tryin to do just like Nitto did with there Trail Grappler being Between a Nitto terra grappler And Nitto mud grappler but i believe that really is a good idea for people with multiple needs.
  6. torqydd

torqydd New Member

I have that august issue around here somewhere. Probably didn't pay much attention to it at the time since I have/had my mind set on trail grapplers or dura tracs. I hate decisions some times but at least the tire shops here have a 30 day ride and try type program.
  7. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

8. Rockstarrchevy81

I think the Nitto Trail Grapplers look way better then the BFG Rugged Terrain but that's just my opinion!
  9. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

its a pretty good looking tire. will have to go back and read the write up on it.
  10. Rockstarrchevy81

I really don't like the looks of BFG tires anyway except the ko's all other designs don't have that appeal for me..