New BFG Rugged Terrain Tire

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by torqydd, Aug 16, 2011.

1. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I saw these tires for the first time about a year ago. They are good looking tires, for sure. When it came time to put some new rubber on my truck this past december, it was between some BFG Rugged Terrains and some Bridgestone Dueller A/Ts, which were what was being replaced. I decided to stay with the Duellers but after reading the article linked above, I feel like I should have gotten the BFGs...

2. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

2nd this... I like that slinging mud in your face look. Just hate the short life and tire noise.

3. BIGREDDADDY53

BIGREDDADDY53 Rockstar 100 Posts

I went to Costco.ca today and they tried to tell me that the BF Goodrich ALL Terrain TA is different from the ALL Terrain TA KO and more money. Plus he told me that I wouldn't like them because there not the right tire for me , To noisy and they would rather sell me something else.

4. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Either he knows what he's talking about and is trying to help you, or he is just trying to get you to buy a tire from a manufacturer that is in bed with Costco.

5. BIGREDDADDY53

BIGREDDADDY53 Rockstar 100 Posts

I was in Kal-Tire today and he showed me some tires that the Hydro co. and Phone co. use (copper big country) with 80,000KM warranty. They are less money lots of off road tread. So now I was so sure but I have to give this some thought. unless someone out there has a comment. Thanks, Eric

6. whodeywhat

whodeywhat New Member

I had these on my 08 4x4 reg cab silverado and got them just as the snow hit. On dry pavement they were quiet and smooth ride. They did very well in the dry snow. In the wet snow I give them an 8/10 in 4 wheel. I had alot of slush one day and I had some sliding but nothing serious, as far as spinning in wet stuff, no problems. just my 2 cents

7. mattiep11

mattiep11 New Member

pass on them go get some cooper st or at3 you will be much happier.. I got close to 65k on my st's and they r studable if your in snow country.. work great in all conditions except icey but thats what studs r for,,, i had them on my z71 and not a single issue. work truck and plow truck hauling a landscape trailer. sand they dig, mud it self cleans and rips. not to loud just a bit heavy. price was right... I also have Michelin at2 on my new 3500 ... never again.. throw ever rock stone pebble at the rig.. great on road no noise. smooth, but gum up quick in mud... great in rain....also had procomp xtm's and several duratrac's...which are a kick but tire for a great price !

8. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

At the end of the summer I bought a new set of LT245/75R16 BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain T/As for my Tahoe and so far I'm quite pleased with them. I have yet to test them in snow and off road but on paved roads they handle amazingly and are very quiet. The truck now can handle 75+mph without shaking because I balanced the tires and got my alignment done. The tires seem to grip pavement like nobodys business which has improved my handling. The tire also look great especially with the white lettering facing out and their aggressive sidewall. The tires have a 50,000 mile warrenty so I hopefully wont have to worry about them for a while.
    IMG_20130822_065111_806.jpg

I will add more later once I test these tires off road and in winter conditions.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  9. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I run the bfg all terrain ta on my other truck in a 6 ply, great tire, a little road noise on the highway to be expected, get in some semi wet mud or clay and you are on slicks, they do not clean out. no complaints on what little snow we get, run fine on wet pavement, I really like the tire, but I would never buy it again, we have alot of clay and ag soil in oklahoma, This would prolly be an excellent tire in other regions. I really do like them, they just dont perform well in my area.