New Bilstein shocks are on!

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by chevyman2004, May 19, 2011.

1. chevyman2004

chevyman2004 Rockstar 100 Posts

I got the Bilsteins installed today. it went pretty smoothly only took a couple hours. helps when u got the right tools. anyways i went driving around after getting them on and i could tell right away the improvement of the ride. night and day difference. i couldn't be happier with the Bilsteins. Will know more with more miles put on but as of right now they are worth the money. I love 'em!

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Sweet, glad you like them. Always nice when a plan comes together.

3. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hey man where did you get the Bilstein's at and also how much for a set for front and back i'm needin some for my truck since the rough country's pretty much suck lol but i just had a baby last week and got the exhaust changed more quiet but have allo more HP and Torque now but need a smoother more comfortable ride!

4. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I just got my rear Bilsteins in yesterday, they were on back order so have have been looking at my fronts for about a month. I cant wait to get them on. Gald to hear you like them!!!

5. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Nice, new shocks make your truck feel new again!

6. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

well where can i find some bilstein for ym truck and how much would it run me a few hundred?

7. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Depending on which one you get (the Bilstein HD's or the 5100's), they vary in price from $70-$80 a piece.

8. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I paid $450 shipped for my set from Southern Truck Performance. Mine were 5100 struts up front and 5100 shocks in the rear.

9. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Chevyman2004, don't forget to retighten the shocks after about 500 miles. Also Alston that sounds like a good price for all four shipped.

10. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I put a set on my 1998 Suburban 4 years ago when I bought it.They completely removed the extreme sway I would get when going around any sort of high speed turn- like an on ramp or such.Feels like a gigantic sports car now(just kidding but it is much safer handling when I have to make abrupt steering inputs)