New Bilstein shocks are on!

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by chevyman2004, May 19, 2011.

Newest Photos

1. chevyman2004

chevyman2004 New Member 100 Posts

I got the Bilsteins installed today. it went pretty smoothly only took a couple hours. helps when u got the right tools. anyways i went driving around after getting them on and i could tell right away the improvement of the ride. night and day difference. i couldn't be happier with the Bilsteins. Will know more with more miles put on but as of right now they are worth the money. I love 'em!
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Sweet, glad you like them. Always nice when a plan comes together.
  3. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Hey man where did you get the Bilstein's at and also how much for a set for front and back i'm needin some for my truck since the rough country's pretty much suck lol but i just had a baby last week and got the exhaust changed more quiet but have allo more HP and Torque now but need a smoother more comfortable ride!
  4. ajarman

ajarman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I just got my rear Bilsteins in yesterday, they were on back order so have have been looking at my fronts for about a month. I cant wait to get them on. Gald to hear you like them!!!
  5. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Nice, new shocks make your truck feel new again!
  6. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

well where can i find some bilstein for ym truck and how much would it run me a few hundred?
  7. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Depending on which one you get (the Bilstein HD's or the 5100's), they vary in price from $70-$80 a piece.
  8. ajarman

ajarman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I paid $450 shipped for my set from Southern Truck Performance. Mine were 5100 struts up front and 5100 shocks in the rear.
  9. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Chevyman2004, don't forget to retighten the shocks after about 500 miles. Also Alston that sounds like a good price for all four shipped.
  10. phoebeisis

phoebeisis New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I put a set on my 1998 Suburban 4 years ago when I bought it.They completely removed the extreme sway I would get when going around any sort of high speed turn- like an on ramp or such.Feels like a gigantic sports car now(just kidding but it is much safer handling when I have to make abrupt steering inputs)