1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New body lettering source??

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by MARQT, Oct 5, 2008.

1. MARQT

MARQT New Member

I have removed all of the decals and lettering from my truck, 2007 Silverado crew cab, except for the GM squares on the doors. Does anyone know of a source for lettering that matches the font and size of the factory stuff. I would like to put my last name on the doors where the Silverado used to be.

Marqt
  2. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Marqt-

I've thought about this before for a different application and, after talking with the local sign business, it seems that if you get one that knows what they are doing you can have them custom made for you - and they are not as expensive as you'd think.

If you are looking for just the simple automotive decal type I'd say make that your first stop and ask them what they can do for you. They have all different fonts, sizes, colours, cursive, block, etc etc.

Second to that if you really want to go custom and want to shell out a few bucks, find yourself an airbrush artist. Used to have a totally black firebird that got all the emblems taken off and then airbrushed in certain areas to put some semblance of the badges back. I can't exactly remember the cost but at that time it was a lot of money for me - was all worth it, though. Brought a whole new look to the car.

I'm sure others will have some insight for you.

Good luck with it all, and be sure to come back here once it's all said and done to let us see how it all looks!
  3. MARQT

MARQT New Member

I appreciate the response but I am wanting to get the small chrome letters. I do not think this will be possible as I want them in the same font but different characters. I imagine that GM has a lock on this item.

Marqt
  4. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Check out THIS SITE as they have custom lettering.

[​IMG]
  5. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Darcy- you are the link MASTER! Your bookmarks must take up a lot of room.. :great:
  6. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i agreee :great: