1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

New Body Style Bow Tie : Want Black Bow Tie

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by sharps 2008 silverado, May 3, 2009.

1. Does anybody know were I can get a Black Bow Tie for my 08 Silverado?

2. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

just paint it man that is what I did. IT isnt hard to do. Pop it out ruff it up primer it and then paint it. It is cheaper than buying two new ones.

3. Breathtaker

Breathtaker Rockstar

Any close up pic?

4. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

You can go to my album and look and see what it looks like. There is also a how to on this web site if you search for painting bowties.

5. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You can buy one on Ebay. Just type in 2008 Chevy Bowtie. I bought a chrome silver one and it's very nice but they have black ones as well.

6. Breathtaker

Breathtaker Rockstar

I like, you did a great job.

7. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Look in the How-To section of this website and you'll find instructions on how to go about painting the bowtie.

8. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i say go the way of painting, its cheaper and not that hard. i painted mine with dupli color flat black paint

9. Sorry Guys I am fairly new to this site and I can't find the how to section of the website; can anyone foward me the link thanks.

10. jerrynino

jerrynino Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

i took my black one off to smooth out my back end... its not hard to paint at all