1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Boss rims and Falken tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by pmf608, Apr 7, 2009.

1. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I finally got the pictures of my new wheels today. The truck is dirty from spring driving though. Next on my list is to put on a 2/4" suspension drop to even out the ride height and fix the fender spacing. Nothing radical because it is my only vehicle. Comments about the wheels/tires and suggestions for my suspension are welcome. Thanks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Are you planning on putting on a little more chrome in the future? A drop will make it a lot more sleek.
  3. pmf608

Chrome is like everything else - it comes when the money allows. I like the clean look of having everything body-colored, but I think my truck needs chrome to look right to me. When I get a chance I want to do a chrome tailgate handle and a couple of other accessories. I think that with the suspension drop it will help make it look sleeker. thanks
  4. bzboardco

bzboardco Rockstar 100 Posts

Just my opinion...I believe only three things should be chrome on any vehicle Bumpers Grille and Wheels :neutral:

BTW I really like the wheels!
  5. pmf608

I somewhat agree on this too. I like chrome, but there is a point when its too much - unless its like a 67 c10 or something. I want to do a little bit more chrome, but not like chroming the whole thing.:lol:
    thanks.
  6. bzboardco

bzboardco Rockstar 100 Posts

Now this is getting close to 'Over Board" chrome....:neutral:

[​IMG]
  7. pmf608

definitely.:lol:

whoever built those has too much money and no taste in vehicle style
  8. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Don't DO that!!! Couldn't you have put a warning before posting the picture!? "Fellas, you'll need to get out your sunglasses for this picture I'm about to post." .... or "Might want to turn the lights off behind you before looking at my next post."

My eyes feel like someone just took a close up picture of me with the flash on!..
  9. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I like the new wheels on your truck, and I bet they are easy to clean too! I would add a little more chrome to the truck for a nice touch, red and chrome are always a nice look to go with. I love those chrome trucks too, that is totally insane like something from Transformer's! ..............AMY
  10. bry2500

bry2500 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

New wheels look awesome. I agree with too much chrome is not a good thing. With the red truck I think you should stick body colored parts and lose the black molding down the side. Then it will look sleek. IMHO.