Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

New Brake Booster Question!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by jcorvera, Jun 8, 2013.

1. jcorvera

jcorvera New Member

Hi,

My truck was having the "SERVICE BRAKE BOOSTER" light in the DIC and the dealer says that the booster was bad... they gave me the part number and I ordered it by eBay... the Part No. is
    [h=1]19209324[/h]
    The problem is the center pin (that connects or push the master cylinder) is very large (or is like 1 or 2 inches out) and I can't install the master cylinder. Look at the pictures... I don't know if I can do something or send it back to the seller. The item is new form the box, and I bought to a dealer in eBay.

Thanks

booster2.jpg booster1.jpg

2. redvett

redvett Member

"SERVICE BRAKE BOOSTER" is caused by low booster vacuum. What M&Y?

3. j cat

j cat Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

the problem is the new booster is not the same as the old. if so you have the wrong part.

if you want info about what the new part should be give your vehicle details. you can also look this up on the web to check that your part is correct.

now your problem may just be a vacuum line to the booster as the problem .

4. shibby2oo8

shibby2oo8 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

On some boosters that rod threads in/out to adjust but you would have to check your old one