1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

new brake rotors

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by 03 Black Sunshine, Dec 22, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. 03 Black Sunshine

03 Black Sunshine New Member 100 Posts

Hey gang, I am in the market for some new brake rotors. Is there any particular reason I shouldnt go with cross drilled and slotted??

You can go to brake performance.com and get an idea of the range of rotors they sell.

The also carry premium slotted and dimpled rotors.

You all give me your opinions.

tim
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Went it was time to do my brake's,I went with SSBC Stainless Steel Slotted Rotor's & Hawk H.P. Ceramic Pads and Russell's SS Brake Lines.This setup now has been a Huge Improvement over the Stock Brake setup.IMO you don't need cross Drilled Rotors.This 4 Rotor & Brake pad setup I picked up at Summit Racing.
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  3. Project Reaper

Project Reaper New Member 100 Posts

i know that alot of cheaper cross drilled rotor crack after a while. slotted are alot better IMO and are a good upgrade.
  4. 03 Black Sunshine

03 Black Sunshine New Member 100 Posts

so cross drilled is prolly a no go then. I will prolly just get the slotted rotors, i think they are cheaper anyway.

Thanks for the opinions and keep em coming.

tim
  5. Amdforever

Amdforever New Member

Don't have any experience on trucks, but for my previous car, we usually went with a dual set up. The slotted is good for keeping the face of the brake pad clean and the drill allowed better venting of the waste gasses generated after high speed runs. In google search type in DBA rotors and the first listing should be for a .com.au site They make premium rotors (can be quite pricey) but they're great quality and performance when paired with the right brake pads for the right application. Only issue would be finding a vendor here stateside that deals with trucks, but good luck :glasses:
  6. Chevyboy96

Chevyboy96 New Member 100 Posts

Very Good Upgrade IMO:great:
  7. blcdog

blcdog New Member

I put Power Slot rotors on Front and rear with perf pads and upgraded to steel lines. BIG difference in stopping power and shortened distance. Highly recommend the brake upgarde.