1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Brush Guard

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by 15silverado00, Feb 24, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. 15silverado00

15silverado00 New Member

I just put this thing on about 2 weeks ago, i think it looks pretty good!

Now all i need is that lift i've been talking about..

Before:

[​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]
  2. black jack

black jack New Member 100 Posts

nice, looks good. ive got same one on my av but chrome. one thing you might notice is decrease in gas miles. i did. the extra weight.
  3. ct9a

ct9a New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Nice! How much mpg did you lose?
  4. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Would you encounter a noticeable difference in mpg? Seems like it shouldn't be that much weight that it affects fuel consumption.
  5. 15silverado00

15silverado00 New Member

I wanted a chrome one bad, but i saw this one laying around a warehouse and picked it up for $50 so i had to buy it. Then i got it Rhino-Lined for $50 so i' sitting pretty really.

It really doesn't weight that much and i dont believe i've lost that much mpg, i'll have to check.
  6. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

That's an awesome deal! Congrats.
  7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

new brush gaurd

I looks good, looks even better for $100.00 total!!
  8. 15silverado00

15silverado00 New Member

I know it! Saved quite a bit of money.

The install was a little tougher than i had expected though. I had to grind down the tow-hooks so the mounts would sit flat against the frame, other than that it was nothing to it!
  9. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

is it pretty wiggly still? I know mine was. I just tacked it to the bumper to stop that. I didn't notice a decrease in gas mileage when I did mine.
  10. 15silverado00

15silverado00 New Member

Mine is pretty sturdy. I mean if you grab it and yank back on it, it will budge but it won't move much just sitting there.