1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

new bulbs

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by coombia21, Sep 15, 2009.

1. coombia21

coombia21 Rockstar 100 Posts

i lost a headlight bulb while driving tonight and now i am going to replace both bulbs what is the brightest bulb i can put in with out breaking the bank or the trucks electrical system

thanks dan

2. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

i was happy with sylvania silverstars.i think they run like $40

3. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I bought some silverstars at the swap meet for $10. On man's junk another mans treasure. :glasses:

4. Stouffer

Stouffer Rockstar 100 Posts

I have always had good luck with the PIAA's. Extreme white. Cost more but that for me they have lasted longer than the Silverstars. Or you can go with a HID kit.

5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

X2 on the PIAA extreme white bulbs! I had two sets of them in my 05 Silverado, one for the high beam and one for the low beam and they were hideosly bright compared to the stock bulbs. They run about $65 a pair, I have had mine for two years and they still are both in good shape. You get what you pay for...........:shocked:

6. Papi Chino

Papi Chino Member

$75 for an HID kit. cant beat that price. make sure you get temp range from 4500k-6000k anything higher than that is too ricey imo.