1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Bulbs

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by ippielb, Oct 6, 2009.

1. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

So, i have a few new bulbs for my truck, LED day time running lights with built in resistor. And LED Signal lights, they look great with my new clear headlights and park light, but the only problem is, when i put my turn signal on now, it blinks and clicks faster, and 150% more irritating. They stay at the same rate when i put my cautions on, but they only go faster when i just turn on my signal lights.

Can anyone help me on how i can slow them down?
  2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Go to the parts store and buy a HD flasher. The extra resistance in the circuit caused the flasher to load faster. This in turn causes a rapid flash.
  3. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

How much do they cost?
  4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

When I had my LED turn signals, I just wired in some ceramic load equalizers from Auto Zone and that cured my problem. I never thought of the HD flasher, I will keep that in mind for my new truck. If I remember right the load equalizers were $14.99 for a pair, you only need one per bulb as they are wired in with the hot lead.