1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NEW bumper lights (5th time)

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by reggiecab2000, Feb 20, 2013.

1. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

haha heres my fifth and hopefully final set of bumper lights guys...

photo 1 (3).jpg

photo 2 (3).jpg

these are DEPO bumper lights. saw them in LMC truck but found them cheaper at sears, believe that crap.

photo 3 (4).jpg

CHEERS!
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts

You're addicted to changing your bumper lights, so I bet there will be a sixth time!

:surprised:
  3. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

it is NOT an addiction, it is a frustration of crappy lights

heres my order:

1)OEM lights

you know what they look like

ordered next set, because I wanted to try the black look...

2) black lights

[​IMG]
    the fitment on these were not perfect and within one day, the retaining tab broke off, P.O.S.(not to mention lights were hardly bright with the black coating on the reflectors)

3)LED lights

[​IMG]
    these lights are very "cool" and I wouldve loved for these to be my final set, but the internal design of these was crap, holes left in the back with circuit boards exposed (no bueno for an exterior lamp) sealed it up as best as possible, but LED's were always messing up then strobing randomly, then a few went out with 3 weeks... blah blah blah had to get a new set, which i decided to reuse my OEM

4) back to OEM lights(smoked)

photo 3.jpg
    These failed inspection, complete bs if you ask me, but what the heck ordered the next set.

5)Current DEPO lights

[​IMG]

hopefully no more...