New bursh guard lights :)

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by Bredin, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Bredin

Bredin Rockstar

Just added 2 8" 150W lights on the brush guard... I think it came out pretty good... now I just have to align them correctly once it gets dark outside..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. zubbiez

zubbiez Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Looks good! How bright are those things they look lite you should be able to usem to light up a football field!

3. Bredin

Bredin Rockstar

Well the 130W that came with the lights were 300 000 candle power... but the guy on eBay included 4 150W bulbs so I guess they will be more than that... a heavy duty wiring kit, 2 50amp relays and a 50amp toggle switch was also included :)

All for under $100 !!!

4. SouthWolf

SouthWolf New Member

Wow, that's an awesome deal.

5. Bredin

Bredin Rockstar

6. SmokeU

SmokeU Rockstar 100 Posts

I gotta get me some of those

the ones I have now aren't very good... not to mention beginning to rust and I haven't even owned them for a year yet

7. Bredin

Bredin Rockstar

yeah I got a pair from Autozone, all chrome... what I did... I picked up a can of engine clear coat (high temp) and sprayed the lights with that before I installed them, this will keep them from rusting... everyone knows how the nice chrome quality is from Autozone :D

8. tattooed4life

tattooed4life Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Looks good, I have the 8" pro comp's on my brush guard--if you see can't it with those, your not gonna see it at all!!!

9. Bredin

Bredin Rockstar

they light up VERY well :) 340 000 candle power together with the 150W...

Does anyone know if the battery/alternator would be able to handle 5 or 6 150W lights on the roof too??? haha

10. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Can It be done??

I have a 2001 S-10 with an everstart battery from Walmart, and a stock 105 amp alternator. I have a total of 650 watts total lighting on my roll bar and it's held up for nine years like that, I am on my third battery and 2nd alternator but I don't think that's bad for that many lights and I use them all the time.

On my Silverado I had about 800 watts of lights on it, roll bar and bull bar and reverse lights. I had the everstart battery with the stock 195 amp alternator, and I never had a problem with that setup for over 4 years but I just sold the truck and took all off all of the stuff off. I plan on putting all of this stuff back on my new truck, so no I don't think you'll have a problem as long as you wire it up right.