1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New bursh guard lights :)

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by Bredin, Sep 4, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Bredin

Bredin New Member

Just added 2 8" 150W lights on the brush guard... I think it came out pretty good... now I just have to align them correctly once it gets dark outside..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. zubbiez

zubbiez New Member 100 Posts

Looks good! How bright are those things they look lite you should be able to usem to light up a football field!
  3. Bredin

Bredin New Member

Well the 130W that came with the lights were 300 000 candle power... but the guy on eBay included 4 150W bulbs so I guess they will be more than that... a heavy duty wiring kit, 2 50amp relays and a 50amp toggle switch was also included :)

All for under $100 !!!
  4. SouthWolf

SouthWolf New Member

Wow, that's an awesome deal.
  5. Bredin

Bredin New Member

6. SmokeU

SmokeU New Member 100 Posts

I gotta get me some of those

the ones I have now aren't very good... not to mention beginning to rust and I haven't even owned them for a year yet
  7. Bredin

Bredin New Member

yeah I got a pair from Autozone, all chrome... what I did... I picked up a can of engine clear coat (high temp) and sprayed the lights with that before I installed them, this will keep them from rusting... everyone knows how the nice chrome quality is from Autozone :D
  8. tattooed4life

tattooed4life New Member 100 Posts

Looks good, I have the 8" pro comp's on my brush guard--if you see can't it with those, your not gonna see it at all!!!
  9. Bredin

Bredin New Member

they light up VERY well :) 340 000 candle power together with the 150W...

Does anyone know if the battery/alternator would be able to handle 5 or 6 150W lights on the roof too??? haha
  10. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Can It be done??

I have a 2001 S-10 with an everstart battery from Walmart, and a stock 105 amp alternator. I have a total of 650 watts total lighting on my roll bar and it's held up for nine years like that, I am on my third battery and 2nd alternator but I don't think that's bad for that many lights and I use them all the time.

On my Silverado I had about 800 watts of lights on it, roll bar and bull bar and reverse lights. I had the everstart battery with the stock 195 amp alternator, and I never had a problem with that setup for over 4 years but I just sold the truck and took all off all of the stuff off. I plan on putting all of this stuff back on my new truck, so no I don't think you'll have a problem as long as you wire it up right.