1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Calibers

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Upkeep' started by KyleZ71, Jan 18, 2012.

1. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Member ROTM Winner

Recently had to take the truck to the garage to get the brakes bled (bleeders were so bad, couldn't do it myself) and the bleeders themselves were replaced. It was recommended to replace the calibers. I know they are getting bad due to the fact I replaced the front brakes days before. Just wondering if anyone replaced their calibers, and if they are using OEM calibers or aftermarket/high performance ones.
  2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I havent had to replace mine but would say aftermarket from a reputable brand.
  3. KyleZ71

Thats what I was thinking. Gonna have to wait a while though. College does a number on the budget
  4. DanPruski

DanPruski New Member

Man, putting oem ones that are higher quality won't be bad at all. For a 88-98 Chevy they're like 120 for a set of good ones. And that's the prices here in Alaska.
  5. KyleZ71

Where did you see them at? Everything I see is a lot more expensive
  6. DanPruski

DanPruski New Member

Orielly's. That's the parts store I always go to. I'm fairly sure yours is the same rotors as my truck too. And usually Alaska charges more for everything
  7. KyleZ71

Brake calibers not rotors. I already have front slotted and will upgrade to the rear once they go bad but im looking for the calipers (alot more expensive)
  8. dedmon27

dedmon27 New Member

i beleive most or all caliper's at all part stores are oe. Thats why they give you a core credit for your old ones. could be wrong though.