1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New camaro

Discussion in 'Other GM Cars' started by Trask215, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Trask215

Trask215 New Member

Does anybody have the new Camaro yet?!? How awesome is it? I'm just curious about it, I want one really bad!
  2. kaiah723

kaiah723 New Member

i was looking into it but i don't like the fact that it runs the 1/4 slower than my cobalt.
  3. 5point3

5point3 New Member

I am sure you have mods on your CobaltSS. I am not trying to be mean, I am just saying A stock Camaro SS is faster than a stock Cobalt SS. Further testing has a manual Camaro SS going 12.94@112 I forgot which magazine it was in. To be honest I want one too but I would wait another year. They have some bugs to work out and the mark up is rediculous. I love the new Camaro but for the price some dealers are asking, you could own a Corvette.
  4. kaiah723

kaiah723 New Member

i definatly have mods but a stock cobalt ss runs 13.5 in the 1/4 and i seen the camaro do 13.9. if somebody hit 12.9 thats good but i havent seen it. if u remember what magazine u saw that in let me know.
  5. 5point3

5point3 New Member

All the tests I have read, have it at 13.00 @ 110, I think Chevy High Performance got it in the 12's. The V6 Camaro is mid 14's.
  6. Brews

Brews New Member

Seems like the dealers are trying to make all of the profit they lost back on one car!!
  7. Cableguy

Cableguy Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

They make them here in Oshawa and there all over the place here LOL
    but I've heard there on backorder (So it would be slow getting one)
    They have shifts running steady until August...
  8. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts

Those are numbers from crappy car editors, put it in someones hands at it WILL do better, I always say whatever the car mags do, a skilled driver can knock off a tenth easy with just better shifting, not to mention getting the correct RPMs at launch instead of burning the tires out, not to mention this is a 4000lbs car!!!
  9. cascott325

cascott325 New Member 1000 Posts

i have to agree with you vncj96, that cobalt is way lighter than the camaro which definately gives it an edge, but if you are upset b/c of its stock 1/4 mile times, them you are an ideot b/c it doesnt take much to go faster and get there quicker. besides, its a camaro
  10. Trask215

Trask215 New Member

To me 1/4 mile speed doesn't matter too much. I just love the way the new camaro looks, especially a black one. Have you seen the black concept? AKA the evil camaro. I do agree that there are faster, more agile, better looking cars out there but this one DEFINETELY has my attention.