new camper, sluggish suburban, help

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by Marcus A., Jul 30, 2011.

1. Marcus A.

Marcus A. New Member

Just brought home a 5000 lb camper. Burb is under powered! The factory 2500 stall converter keeps engine at around 3000 rpm driving Just doesn't seem to have the power. Traded my 1/2 ton burb with the 5.3l for this. I know my 1/2 ton would smoke this 3/4 ton. Bought burb with 33" tires. Causes gear ratio to increase from 3.73 to 3.42. Not helping things either.
    Anyone with a similar problem?
  2. boycbronco

boycbronco New Member

I know this sounds crazy but try removing the gas cap. I had a similar issue where I started losing power, especially pulling my boat. Turns out the fuel tank was not venting. Ran great after that. I'm still trouble shooting why the venting issue, though. A brand new gas cap did not help.
  3. Marcus A.

Marcus A. New Member

I will have to check that out. I am a forklift mechanic (among other things) and that could be a problem. Would cause a greater vacuum on the fuel system limiting the volume of fuel getting to the engine. I'm having a coworker stop by some time with an expensive hand held to check codes and other things.
  4. Let us know if thats the problem. First time I've heard of that one, but anythings possible.