new camper, sluggish suburban, help

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by Marcus A., Jul 30, 2011.

1. Marcus A.

Marcus A. Rockstar

Just brought home a 5000 lb camper. Burb is under powered! The factory 2500 stall converter keeps engine at around 3000 rpm driving Just doesn't seem to have the power. Traded my 1/2 ton burb with the 5.3l for this. I know my 1/2 ton would smoke this 3/4 ton. Bought burb with 33" tires. Causes gear ratio to increase from 3.73 to 3.42. Not helping things either.
    Anyone with a similar problem?

2. boycbronco

boycbronco New Member

I know this sounds crazy but try removing the gas cap. I had a similar issue where I started losing power, especially pulling my boat. Turns out the fuel tank was not venting. Ran great after that. I'm still trouble shooting why the venting issue, though. A brand new gas cap did not help.

3. Marcus A.

Marcus A. Rockstar

I will have to check that out. I am a forklift mechanic (among other things) and that could be a problem. Would cause a greater vacuum on the fuel system limiting the volume of fuel getting to the engine. I'm having a coworker stop by some time with an expensive hand held to check codes and other things.

4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Let us know if thats the problem. First time I've heard of that one, but anythings possible.