1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Chevy vehicals

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by SCUBAChevy, Sep 30, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. SCUBAChevy

SCUBAChevy New Member

I'm watching / using two Chevys for my brother-in-law who is a US Marine and is stationed over seas (A Z28 Camero and a Z71 Suburban). I'm new to Chevys and apparently will have to do some work to keep the vehicles serviceable. I'm joining the forum to learn more about the vehicles such as quirks and common issues as well as learning more about the Chevy community!
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site. All vehicles need work and maintenance.

What are the years and specs on the GMs that you're the steward of?
  3. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the site and tell your brother-in-law THANKS for his service for us!
  4. wrightj

wrightj New Member

welcome to the site..
  5. SCUBAChevy

SCUBAChevy New Member

Thanks!

Thanks for all the kind welcomes! The Camero is a 2000 something Z28 and the Suburban is a 2004 Z71. The in-laws have been gone not quite a week and we seem to be having issues with the Suburban; I wonder if you guys can help me.
    The Suburban's differential seems to be locked and now it is occasionally making an awful grinding / bumping jerk / sound. When it first happened my wife thought she had bee rear-ended at low speed. I was behind her so I know that isn't what happened :). I've test driven it now and I have felt the bump too and when I was turning sharply one time it sounded as if the truck was grinding against a guardrail or something. One of the guys I work with said his father's GM had something similar happen and it turned out that the transfer case was going out. That sounds like BIG money!
  6. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

welcome to the site. Sorry cant help much on the burb. My cousin has a 99 z28 and one problem we fixed was the fuel tank vent sensor (not sure if that is technical) as he found that seemed to be a problem with those and the firebirds (extremely difficult to fill because pump keeps shutting off). The other problem he is having is a clutch issue as it looses pretty much all pressure here and there and I don't know if he has figured that one out yet.
  7. ct9a

ct9a New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  8. canislupis69

canislupis69 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  9. GMPartsClub

GMPartsClub New Member GMTC Sponsor 100 Posts

Welcome to the Chevy Forum
  10. s5belford

s5belford New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the site!