Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

New concept pickup for GM.

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by 1953bowtieguy, Nov 29, 2012.

1. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy Member 2 Years 500 Posts

I have had an idea that chevy should do to make a new pickup, and i think they would make a lot of money and was just wondering what ya'll thought.
    This is my proposal, i was thinking that gm should make a pickup that was like the 1947-1953 chevy body style, like this
    chevy 53.jpg
    then they would make it a 4 door 2 door like this, then an extended cab. There would be a lot of exterior options like instead of rear bumper there would be a roll pan if you want it. then the fenders like are on this would be metal of fiberglass if they wanted to go the cheap way. have paint kind of like what is in the picture with the colors; blue, purple (like a plum color purple), red like so, black, white, pretty much any color, and color combonation. Then i was thinking there would be engine options like 5.3, 5.7, 6.0, 454, pretty much those engines. manual or 4l60e tranny or other good transmissions. Then have a special interior something like this: interior 53.jpg but with captains chairs (bucket seats with arm rests) then have a center council optional with the manual and have it go from the front to the back in a 2dr. Have everything power. have a pioneer touch screen radio. and have it all on an s10 frame with the ez chassis mounting system like so...............
    ez chassis.jpg
    Also have a good differential no pieces of crap, have loud exhaust from the factory but not real loud just kinda like the thrush welded mufflers. have some wheels like this........... cragars.jpg american racing torque thrust wheels or cragar wheels like this.
    Also there would be a visor on them a lil shorter that what is on mine or was on mine. then also have some headlight visors for the vehicles.

So in a wrap up i am wondering what you guys think about this idea that i have for general motors to have chevy and GMC pickups like the ones they had back when, just modernize the a bunch. So if you could post your opinion.:great:

2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I think it looks cool. It's like looking at the retro vehicles with the latest in technology that are out there. However, I don't think any of the car companies make a whole lot of money off of them since the demographic is small that would purchase one. But I can see its appeal for those of us who are nostalgic or want something different in a very classy way. If I owned one, it would be strictly for pleasure as I don't think I'd be doing too much hauling in it. I like your ideas.

3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I guess you forgot.. They did it already... Did not go over well but a Sweet truck

ssr.png ssr2.jpg

4. 1953bowtieguy

ya and i guess they would be able to havea more fuel evonomy engine in there just make sure they have the options

@Enkieavalanche ya i forgot about that but that is a lil more rounded than i would want it to be, also the HHR was one like it too

5. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

The problem with the SSR was it just wasn't what people expected it didn't meet expectations, was kinda ugly, and became a lame duck.

6. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Great idea. One of my favorite car makeovers was an old GTO that they took the body and put it on the frame of one of those short-lived new models. Best of both worlds. Great old muscle car look with the technology advances of today. You're on to something there. Those 50's trucks are beauties.

7. 1953bowtieguy

well thanks for saying im onto something. and i know i like the SSR body style i just think it should have some more bold points and have the old grille like that.

8. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Saw a few sweet ones at Carlisle last year.. I do like them..

106.jpg 116resize.jpg 143resize.jpg 132resize.jpg

9. 1953bowtieguy

that second one, the blue i think is the best looking one, but they are all good lookin. and also another reason why i think the should make them again is because they are more aerodynamic than the 2013 pickups that are coming out.

10. tiltonb

tiltonb New Member

19752719_EgkKAA.jpg Maybe this truck, but I would add a front bumper.