1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New crewcab install Sub/Amp

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by sweetjones04, Mar 16, 2009.

1. sweetjones04

sweetjones04 New Member

Ok, so i went to a car audio place here in Houston and I was quoted $500 for everything installed plus equipment.

I was told that they would build me a custom box and not just give me one prefab box. He says he can build the box properly for the Memphis shallow mount subs.

I already own the Amp. Its the original Autotek MX500. I had this hooked to two JL Audio's W3's. And the sound quality was amazing. I pulled this out of my last SUV. Really this amp pushes alot out. He was surprised when I let him see the AMP.

He suggested that I go with the 10 inch Memphis Shallow Mounts.

Do you guys think this is a good deal. I think it is.
  2. brownpridex111

brownpridex111 New Member

i think it is i went to LA and to get all my video and audio equipment i paid like 500 for the box 2 12 kenwood, 1800w kenwood amplifier and they didnt install it that day i pay like 2500 for all my audio and video system
  3. sweetjones04

sweetjones04 New Member

Thanks, Cool..
  4. sheep

sheep New Member

with installation i think its a fair price considering "inexpensive" stereo equipment for everything can add up to that without trying to hard
  5. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts

For a custom shop I would say that a pretty good rate.
  6. reddedsilvy05

reddedsilvy05 New Member

That sounds like a good deal, im not sure how those memphis subs sound...i have 4 pioneer TS-SW251 10" and i really like them...the memphis run about 300 watts RMS/ 600 watts peak...and mine are about 200 watts RMS/ 800 peak and they are both 4 ohm so they are very comparable....if i had a lot of money to spend i would get the RE Audio SL series which are 350 watt RMS dual 4 ohm shallow subs, i wish...but good luck with the sound system man
  7. brownpridex111

brownpridex111 New Member

where do u have the 4 10" on the bed?? Cab ??
  8. sweetjones04

sweetjones04 New Member

Yes, that is what I want to know. 4 subs??
  9. reddedsilvy05

reddedsilvy05 New Member

I have the subs in my cab, all behind my back seat.....It took a nice custom box and one powerful amp (arc audio KS 1000.1) and of course shallow subs....it sounds amazing....heres some pics.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. reddedsilvy05

reddedsilvy05 New Member