New crewcab install Sub/Amp

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by sweetjones04, Mar 16, 2009.

Newest Photos

1. sweetjones04

sweetjones04 New Member

Ok, so i went to a car audio place here in Houston and I was quoted $500 for everything installed plus equipment.

I was told that they would build me a custom box and not just give me one prefab box. He says he can build the box properly for the Memphis shallow mount subs.

I already own the Amp. Its the original Autotek MX500. I had this hooked to two JL Audio's W3's. And the sound quality was amazing. I pulled this out of my last SUV. Really this amp pushes alot out. He was surprised when I let him see the AMP.

He suggested that I go with the 10 inch Memphis Shallow Mounts.

Do you guys think this is a good deal. I think it is.
  2. brownpridex111

brownpridex111 New Member 100 Posts

i think it is i went to LA and to get all my video and audio equipment i paid like 500 for the box 2 12 kenwood, 1800w kenwood amplifier and they didnt install it that day i pay like 2500 for all my audio and video system
  3. sweetjones04

sweetjones04 New Member

Thanks, Cool..
  4. sheep

sheep New Member 100 Posts

with installation i think its a fair price considering "inexpensive" stereo equipment for everything can add up to that without trying to hard
  5. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

For a custom shop I would say that a pretty good rate.
  6. reddedsilvy05

reddedsilvy05 New Member

That sounds like a good deal, im not sure how those memphis subs sound...i have 4 pioneer TS-SW251 10" and i really like them...the memphis run about 300 watts RMS/ 600 watts peak...and mine are about 200 watts RMS/ 800 peak and they are both 4 ohm so they are very comparable....if i had a lot of money to spend i would get the RE Audio SL series which are 350 watt RMS dual 4 ohm shallow subs, i wish...but good luck with the sound system man
  7. brownpridex111

brownpridex111 New Member 100 Posts

where do u have the 4 10" on the bed?? Cab ??
  8. sweetjones04

sweetjones04 New Member

Yes, that is what I want to know. 4 subs??
  9. reddedsilvy05

reddedsilvy05 New Member

I have the subs in my cab, all behind my back seat.....It took a nice custom box and one powerful amp (arc audio KS 1000.1) and of course shallow subs....it sounds amazing....heres some pics.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. reddedsilvy05

reddedsilvy05 New Member