1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

new deck what did u do with cassette deck

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by zubbiez, May 2, 2009.

1. zubbiez

zubbiez New Member

I have a 2000 silverado that I have installed a pioneer premier deck in. my question is what different things have been done with the cassette deck in the center counsel. i want to remove it.I was just wanting to see what others have come up with to filll the hole left behind
    Last edited: May 2, 2009
  2. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts

I know on the 99 and older you can get a cubby that goes in the tape deck place so you hace a little open storage slot
  3. zubbiez

zubbiez New Member

thanks for your reply

Im heading to a salvage yard this weekend to see if I can find a cubby or a black out plate ill post a picture of what i find
    :great:
    Last edited: May 9, 2009
  4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Here is pic of mine,
    [​IMG]
    C/K resto had them,but no longer.You may want to try local stereo shop,Thats where I picked mine up at.
    Last edited: May 5, 2009
  5. zubbiez

zubbiez New Member

the cubby looks good

I like the way it looks much more functional than a cassette deck (Can u still buy cassettes?) Where did u get your A/C knobs Ive seen them on a couple of trucks on the forum and think Im also going to change those. thanks
  6. 99'HEARTBEAT

I think I got them from Stylin Trucks,its been a while,they are made by All sales a top line company in Aftermarket billet Parts.On your ? about Cassette,My aftermarket Stereo is from Poineer,it is a Am,FM,XM,MP3,CD,DVD,Touch Screen,Nav,And Rear View Cam.
  7. zubbiez

zubbiez New Member

what is the model of your deck

I have a pioneer premier c/d deck that I just installed but the touchscreen you have is kind of catching my Eye, namely because of my habit of becomeing geographicly embaraced
  8. 99'HEARTBEAT

The Pioneer I have is the AVIC-N1,for me its been the Best Stereo:great: I have had,Some of the other Points of intested is the filp up srceen, which is adjustable,removable face Plate,and last I just Love with the Rear View Camera.:glasses:
  9. zubbiez

zubbiez New Member

made it to junk yard

So made it to the junk yard today. Found a factory cubby in a 98 chevy. After looking in every gm product in the junk yard I by chance looked in the oldest most beat up truck and there it was, makes since I guess as the plain jane trucks where the ones where the owners wherent opting for the optional tape or cd player. Total cost at said junk yard three dollars. I will post a pic when the wife gets the home, the camera's in her car.I can tell you it looks exactly like the one 99 heartbeat posted in his reply. Only I have the charcoal interior and no cool billet a/c knobs.
  10. zubbiez

zubbiez New Member

truck interior 001.jpg heres the cubby I like it much better than the out dated tape deck, serves a purpose other than just filling the hole now.

Attached Files: