new deck what did u do with cassette deck

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by zubbiez, May 2, 2009.

1. zubbiez

zubbiez Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I have a 2000 silverado that I have installed a pioneer premier deck in. my question is what different things have been done with the cassette deck in the center counsel. i want to remove it.I was just wanting to see what others have come up with to filll the hole left behind

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I know on the 99 and older you can get a cubby that goes in the tape deck place so you hace a little open storage slot

3. zubbiez

thanks for your reply

Im heading to a salvage yard this weekend to see if I can find a cubby or a black out plate ill post a picture of what i find
    :great:

Last edited: May 9, 2009
  4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Here is pic of mine,
    [​IMG]
    C/K resto had them,but no longer.You may want to try local stereo shop,Thats where I picked mine up at.

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  5. zubbiez

the cubby looks good

I like the way it looks much more functional than a cassette deck (Can u still buy cassettes?) Where did u get your A/C knobs Ive seen them on a couple of trucks on the forum and think Im also going to change those. thanks

6. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I think I got them from Stylin Trucks,its been a while,they are made by All sales a top line company in Aftermarket billet Parts.On your ? about Cassette,My aftermarket Stereo is from Poineer,it is a Am,FM,XM,MP3,CD,DVD,Touch Screen,Nav,And Rear View Cam.

7. zubbiez

what is the model of your deck

I have a pioneer premier c/d deck that I just installed but the touchscreen you have is kind of catching my Eye, namely because of my habit of becomeing geographicly embaraced

8. 99'HEARTBEAT

The Pioneer I have is the AVIC-N1,for me its been the Best Stereo:great: I have had,Some of the other Points of intested is the filp up srceen, which is adjustable,removable face Plate,and last I just Love with the Rear View Camera.:glasses:

9. zubbiez

made it to junk yard

So made it to the junk yard today. Found a factory cubby in a 98 chevy. After looking in every gm product in the junk yard I by chance looked in the oldest most beat up truck and there it was, makes since I guess as the plain jane trucks where the ones where the owners wherent opting for the optional tape or cd player. Total cost at said junk yard three dollars. I will post a pic when the wife gets the home, the camera's in her car.I can tell you it looks exactly like the one 99 heartbeat posted in his reply. Only I have the charcoal interior and no cool billet a/c knobs.

10. zubbiez

truck interior 001.jpg heres the cubby I like it much better than the out dated tape deck, serves a purpose other than just filling the hole now.

Attached Files: