1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Duramax owner

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by CaliSoldier, Mar 2, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. CaliSoldier

CaliSoldier New Member

Hey guys, My name is Billy and I'm a combat engineer in the army stationed in white sands, new mexico. Im currently deployed in Afghanistan and will be coming home next month. I just bought a 2008 chevy duramax 2500. This is my first diesel. Im looking for the best chip to put in it and would appreciate some great feedback. So far ive looked at the Edge juice w/ attitude and the superchips flashpaq. I don't think I want one on the fly because I ont want it to be able to pop out of the mode I set it in. My main concern is fuel economy. I plan to add down pipe exhaust and cold air intake as well. Let me know what you think. Thanks.
  2. donyms

donyms Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you here. Thank you for your service to our Country. :great:
  3. 1BadSierra2011

1BadSierra2011 New Member

My best experience with a programmer in my old duramax, was the superchips flashpaq, and the diablosport predator. But the best way to go is h&s or efi live.
  4. CaliSoldier

CaliSoldier New Member

Thanks guys. the superchips flashpaq is one of the main ones im lookin at. just tryin to get some good reviews on it
  5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I see you have California listed as your one of your locations.
    Before you put out any money for engine performance parts if your going to return to California for any reason you might want to ensure the parts your buying are CARB certified.
    Dont learn the hard way that even if your Active Duty you:
    a. Wont be able to register your vehicle on base unless it can pass a Ca. inspection.
    b. Wont be able to register your vehicle in the state of Ca. with aftermarket non-certified CARB parts.

Ca. has gotten tough on all internal combustion engines. Their even restricting boats now days, only a matter of time before they attack motorcycles and lawn mowers.
  6. Bighornkid

Bighornkid Member 100 Posts

Hi Billy. Welcome to The Club. Thanks for your service. I spent some time at White Sands, also. I loved it.
  7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome, Billy, and thank you for your service. I think it's great that you're coming home, soon! :great:
  8. CaliSoldier

CaliSoldier New Member

Thanks everyone and ill keep that in mind as of now I don't plan on goin back to CA. does anyone have any recommendations on chips for an 08 LMM? and what do u think about the flashpaq 2855?

- - - Updated - - -

what year was your duramax?
  9. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C ! THANKS for YOUR SERVICE!
  10. 1BadSierra2011

1BadSierra2011 New Member

mine was a 2002 lb7