1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Exhaust, need suggestions.....

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by GMCErica, Dec 11, 2011.

1. GMCErica

GMCErica New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Hey everyone,
    As most of you know I am modded up my 2008 Envoy (V6), would like to get a new exhaust sometime this week, anyone have any suggestions:

1) Catbac?
    2) Brand?
    3) Tip?
    4) Full exhaust?
    5) Best value..

I was thinking a really nice Borla exhaust, maybe Catbac? what are everyone's thoughts.. .I welcome them all..

Thanks Guys
  2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

on a v-6 id highflow catback it witha borla or a corsa... but thats just me.

Alex
  3. GMCErica

Thanks Sierra! Knew that you would come through and gimme a great suggestion... :)
  4. GMCErica

Anyone else any suggestions????
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'm V-6 stupid as I haven't owned one in well .. I've NEVER owned one, lol.
  6. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts

I had a Borla kit on a Jeep I had. I can not speak how it is for your particular app but I liked everything about the one I had. They spend a lot of time and money to ensure a good kit. If and when I get an exhaust for my truck I will go with Borla. Good luck and let us know what you go with.
  7. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

What are you looking for. Better performance? Better sound? Or both, theres a small amount of performance to be gained but your mostly going to get better sound.
    6's can be trickey to properly exhaust, I'd probably look at having something custom built from a local shop.
    I'd start with a Magnaflow muffler, they have an awsum muffler thats made for Mustang's and Camero's, gives out a nice deep sound almost like a V-8.
    It's a 1 into 2 config so it comes out as duals but doesnt hurt performance and MPG like you normally get by splitting 6cyl exhaust.
    Your present Cats, unless their high mileage are more than upto the job. High flow cats wont gain you much more than you already have unless your desire is to empty spare funds from your wallet. So leave them in place.
    Have the shop bend up 1 3/4 tube, preferably aluminium coated, from the exhaust to where you want your exhaust tips to exit then add tips of your choice. When choosing tips remember an exhaust is like a pipe organ, the length and style of the tips will change the sound, a long flared (for example 1 3/4" inlet to 3" exit flare) tip tends to make it slightly more tinny sounding where a short smaller diameter tip gets deep and gives off a better high end roar.
    Talk to mechanics at a few shops, they probably have a 6cyl or two around that they've changed the exhaust on. But also be careful they dont try to convince you a high end cat back is the only way to get good sound, they arent just mechanics their salesmen too.
  8. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Member ROTM Winner

Since I know you are located in Canada, I would go with stainless steel or at least aluminized pipes to hold up in the winter. Also I would look at Flowmaster or Magnaflow mufflers as some are stainless and the best quality for their price. Still I would (and I do) crawl underneath and paint them with some high temp pain so they last. I would go with custom exhaust verses a kit because the quality of work is a lot better (depends on shop) and will last longer as well. I would go with mandrel bend pipes personally. High flow cats really don't show much improvement all around, and cost more than they are worth.
  9. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Magnaflow and JBA are the ownly companies that I know off that make a cat-back for the 6 cylinder Trailblazers and Envoy. We have the Magnaflow on mrs.silveradotrailblazers truck.

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Also, StainLessWorks makes a exhaust and header for your truck.
  10. GMCErica

You guys are awesome! Those responses were way more then I thought that I would get.. So I am going to one shop tomorrow and get some information and then I am going to do some more research... You guys gave me more to think about.. I was always going to go with Stainless Steel, you have to up in the Arctic! lol and the rest I will do some searching, talking to the guys at the shop.. They wont sell me things I don't need, I am car girl...Not a groupie! haha
    THANKS AGAIN! You guys Rock!!