New Flowmaster Dual Exhaust

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Red Z71 Max, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Just installed a new Flowmaster dual rear exit slash cut exhaust. It was custom installed at a local shop with a single Flowmaster 40 series muffler with dual exit. Originally I was going to to do Dual Mufflers but the 6.2 has dual Catalytic Converters and it was recommended to not remove the second cat because it would void my warranty. Overall I'm very pleased and I have noticed about a 2mpg increase which is very welcome with todays fuel prices. It all cost $375 out the door. I priced several catback systems and the cheapest dual system I could find was $729 so I save a considerable amount of $$$$.:great::great:
    IMG_2198.jpg IMG_2199.jpg IMG_2196.jpg IMG_2197.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgffosXbwIc&feature=youtu.be

PS: sorry about the filth but its Pollen season "Southern Yellow Snow" and you can't keep anything clean for the next month!!! Also you can see my new dented left side rear bumper. :-(
  2. Untouchable

Untouchable New Member 100 Posts

Very nice, sir. :great: I hope to get new exhaust soon as well.
  3. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Thanks [MENTION=52563]Untouchable[/MENTION]!!!:great:
  4. AnimalYates

AnimalYates New Member 100 Posts

Nice setup. Had the SI/DO Flowmaster 40 on my old Silverado 4.3 and it made it sound alot meaner than it actually was lol.
  5. Cheez

Cheez Member 100 Posts

Oh man those are beautiful! I love rear exits like yours! I did the same thing with mine just dual rear exit tips and the 50 series Flowmaster. I can hear a bit more aggressive tone in yours but it's still an amazing noise!
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Look'in good.. and sounds sweet....And you have a CAI already now get the programer to help wake up the truck
  7. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I hate that yellow snow right about now. Sounds good....I don't even see a dent :wink:
  8. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Hey just don't eat the Yellow snow... LOL
  9. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

sounds like my truck!

i have a very similar setup. same single in dual out and same style tips. you got a better price then i did, not a surprise tho, as this is virginia beach.

Alex
  10. jnbama

jnbama Member 100 Posts

Like the slash tips and a good deal with welded connections, had welded Cherry Bomb duels on my 350 Nova back in the eighties and bolted in Turbos a few years later that clunked and kept comming loose