1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Flowmaster Dual Exhaust

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Red Z71 Max, Mar 10, 2012.

1. sfdefender24

sfdefender24 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

sounds good man.
  2. sevi084x4

sevi084x4 Rockstar 100 Posts

Sounds real good man! I like the tone.
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I was reading an aftermarket parts trade magazine a few days ago that was talking about the problems of using dual exhausts on the 6.2 engine, GM changed the firing order on this engine to gain more HP and fuel mileage, the problem now is when using a dual exhaust system you have to be careful on pipe size and using a crossover in the exhaust, a crossover must be perfectly placed otherwise the engine gets a weird loping sound at idle and loses some of the torque at take off. Between GM engineers and Magnaflow engineers they figured out the new design needed less backflow at low RPMs and better pessure equalization in the mid range RPMs.
    Magnaflow is working with GM to design a new full dual exhaust system that will take advantage of these issues but they recommend sticking with a single into dual until they can refine the system.
  4. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

After a recommendation from the installer that is what I installed. The truck is equipped with dual Catalytic converters so they said I should go with a single muffler with dual exhaust. This will help maintain the warranty and keep the proper amount of backflow for the motor!!!
  5. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Looks and sounds great...nice job!
  6. BrownPats420

BrownPats420 Member 100 Posts

Looks awesome, sounds awesome. Thumbs up red, wish I could find a deal like that!
  7. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Good choice of exhaust!! Sounds good man!:great: