1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New from California

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Super04Duty, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Super04Duty

Super04Duty New Member

Well, figured I'd sign up here....

I have too many vehicles already (so the wife says.. is there really any such thing?) but I just got another. Now that my dad is retired, he gave me his old pickup. Its a 1989 2wd half ton short bed with the extended cab. It was originally Midnight Blue, but he had it repainted (cheap job) a few years ago after the infamous 80s paint peal. Eventually I want to "restore" this truck, and it will get some body work and a factory repaint. My dad bought this truck brand new in March of 1989. I was in the 1st grade. He taught me how to drive in it, as well as my sister. The truck has 450,000 miles. The original engine has been re-ringed and got new bearings about 150k miles ago and is currently running strong. He also just had the original tranny rebuilt about 10 miles ago. (good for me).

Its not perfect, but Ill be fixing it up, while I drive it. Its all stock, except for front corner lights. Its going to replace my F350 as my daily driver (gas is cheaper than diesel, and with current prices, if the F350 wasnt paid for, Id think about trading it in).. and with my job I need a pickup, but can get away with a smaller and lighter truck, so the 89 it is. I hope to hit a million miles on it one day, and have it looking as good as new when it happens.

Anyway, here is a pic of it... Its the only one I have of it, from this last summer. But it looks exactally the same (just wet, with all the rain).
    [​IMG]

I look forward to hanging out around here, and getting some info. I know a lot about the truck, but Im sure I will have a few questions, and need some help on things. If anyone is local, feel free to hit me up also.
  2. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club. Nice truck. I really like that body style. Your Dad chose well with the black too, also my favorite color. Is that as straight all the way around as it looks on this side?
  3. Super04Duty

Super04Duty New Member

Its still a dark blue, but like all of Chevys dark blues, it looks black most of the time.

It is just as straight. Its this side that has a little dent below the rear side window now by the side molding (dad got the corner of his new truck on day.. new truck got fixed, this one didnt... happend after this pic.. but you cant see it unless you look. Ill still fix it though,,, and get newer pics soon too).... Truck has never been wrecked or damaged. Even the bed only has a few dents in it. Its been more of a daily driver, than a working/hauling truck... so its still in good shape.
  4. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club. How incredibly awesome that the motor in that thing is still holding up well after so many miles! You're lucky to have an heirloom like that. I'll never have the opportunity to see either one of the vehicles I learned to drive in ever again.
  5. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome aboard!
  6. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club.
  8. Goldie

Goldie Active Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club from a transplanted Californian! Nice Truck!
  9. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !
  10. racekid91

racekid91 New Member

Welcome! Looks like you have a nice project on your hands!