1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New from East TX

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by CountryBoy2632, Apr 28, 2011.

1. CountryBoy2632

CountryBoy2632 New Member

Hey y'all, another new guy here from East TX. My name is DJ and i drive a 2008 crew cab Silverado Z71. I work as a pipeline surveyor in the east texas and northern louisiana area, and have been doing so for about 2.5 years now. I've only had this truck for about 6 months or so now. I traded up from a 2002 silverado 2500HD 4x4 with a 6in life and 35s. So far my new-to-me 08 has a dumped Flowmaster and a pair of 12" Kicker CVTs under the back seat. Future plans inclue a Westin bullbar, 6in suspension lift and 3in body lift. I'm not sure yet what's the largest size tires i can run on that setup without trimming anything. Any information would be much appreciated, and i look forward to chatting and BSin with the lot of you.

DJ
  2. GMCErica

GMCErica New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Hey DJ
    Welcome to the club! Congrats on the new truck.. Sounds like your ride will be pimpin' by summer!! Im modding my new-to-me Envoy I just got 4 weeks ago.. Got new exahust going in next week, Westin Grille GUard, new grille and new bangin' rims and tires. Dont forget to post pics too!!
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, DJ. Sounds like a nice truck.
  4. CountryBoy2632

new truck.jpg here's my old truck and new truck. i took off all the chrome crap from the new one though and sold the running boards. old truck.jpg
  5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

I understand about the chrome stuff. both trucks look good.
  6. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!....nice lookin' rides!
  7. CountryBoy2632

i'm sooooo ready to get this one lifted though... i miss being up high.
  8. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts

I can definitely sympathize with you...for me, lifting was definitely my best mod, especially since I off-road so much. Hopefully, you'll get back up there soon.
  9. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club! I used to live in Tyler for a few years. I still go back every now and then (have some family in the area). It's a pretty good place to be.

Anyway, you have a nice looking, ride there! Good call on dealing with the chrome, too.
  10. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !