1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

new from florida

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Vallez93, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Vallez93

Vallez93 New Member

hello, i am the new owner of a 2003 chevy 1500 silverado with a 5.3l v8. i live in florida, I am a landscaper. i am also looking to put a leveling kit on my truck and any tips would be appreciated.
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club. Is your truck 2wd or 4x4?
  3. Vallez93

Vallez93 New Member

my truck is a 2wd, and i was also wondering if a 2in coil spacer would be good or if it would be better to just get a bigger coil, and where could i get a bigger coil?
  4. silveradotrailblazer

You can't just add a bigger/taller coil because theres not enough adjustment in the upper control arms to realign the front end. Thats why most 2wd lift companies have longer upper control arms in the kits when lifting higher than 2". I think the 2" coil spacers should be fine unless you want to go taller, then you need a lift "kit".
  5. Vallez93

Vallez93 New Member

thanks for the help, I dont think Ill go taller becuase its 2wd and i just want the leveled stance
  6. silveradotrailblazer

You'll be fine with the 2" level kit, won't ruin your trucks ride either. You may want to get some new shocks like Bilstiens also. Good luck with your new truck.
  7. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

QWelcome to the club Vallez. You're in good hands with STB
  8. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard!
  9. Bigg Ron

Bigg Ron Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome to the club, do we direct all landscaping question to you? :)
  10. Vallez93

Vallez93 New Member

thanks for the warm welcome, ill answer any landscaping questions you got lol