1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

New from Maryland

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by j5689, Apr 7, 2009.

1. j5689

j5689 New Member

I was thinking about cars I could get when I finally drive and I think the Suburban would suit me quite well. So here I am!

I'm 16 as of this post but on the 26th of this month I will be 17. No progress on driving school or anything yet and I've only ever driven once in my brother's 94 Mercedes. I don't know about other states but Maryland has an overly lengthy system to get your full license before you're 18, requiring 6 months of learner's permit, then like 18 months on a provisional, which btw is not passed to full license once you reach 18. Then again the provisional is almost like a full one anyway so maybe I should get started. Internal conflict ftw

I'll really have to think about that today

2. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

3. 98GMCSierra1500

98GMCSierra1500 New Member

I'm also 16 going on 17, and I drive a 98 Sierra. South Carolina has a pretty long system too, but we get our permits at 15 and full licenses at 17. Are you planning on buying a Suburban or do you already have one? Good luck with the driving school when you get there!

4. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site and good luck with the D/L training classes!

5. bob13

bob13 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

6. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

7. bry2500

bry2500 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!!!!!

8. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the site

9. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the forum! I think CT has become pretty crazy with the whole getting your license thing. I got mine in 6 months, but couldn't drive with anyone in the car for 6 months after that. Now they have all kinds of crazy rules.

10. j5689

j5689 New Member

I don't have one, I'm hoping to get the 91-99 model though eventually. My cousin used to have one in black and I always thought it looked awesome. Tis a shame he didn't take good care of his, the exhaust was falling off and there was rust in some areas.

My summer job will make me at least 4K by my friend's estimates, at least 800$ of that will be spent on a new computer. Looking to get the Suburban as soon as possible though.

Really wish I could get this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chev...129QQitemZ260389117129QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

That's the pain of looking before you can afford though. I know it all too well with the world of computers

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009