1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

new from maryville, tn.

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by blowma, Mar 10, 2013.

1. blowma

blowma New Member

I have a question, i want to buy a chip for my truck and im not exactly sure what to get. My truck is a 2000 GMC sierra 2500 sl 2wd. If anyone has any info. let me know. thank you
  2. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's great to have you aboard. I don't know about chips but if you decide to get a programmer I could help............... :glasses:
  3. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the club, if you are planing on doing other mods such as larger tires, and/or gears. Go with the programmer.
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome! 2000 model trucks don't take chips. The truck's computer uses flash memory that can be re-flashed with a new program. I strongly recommend getting a custom tune (by a tuner who does such work) in addition to a hand-held programmer, as this will make the adjustments specific to your truck and maximize the gains you will see.

You might send a private message to @06MonteSS on this forum. He does such work. He also bundles the DiabloSport InTune (a handheld programmer for your truck that allows you to also incorporate custom tunes) with tuning work he does ... for a price that's cheaper than if you were to buy them separately.
  5. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !
  6. SupplySgt

SupplySgt Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Welcome from across the state. Good luck with your mods. I don't deal much with the newer motors so I'm not much help there. But again, welcome to the site.