New from Michigan 03 Yukon XL 4x4 5.3.

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by MTD515, Mar 28, 2011.

1. MTD515

MTD515 New Member

Hi everybody. Im new to this forum thing but I have a problem with my truck that I can not get solved. The truck was in an accident and smashed the left front fender and hood. My truck was built in Mexico and the only hoods and fenders I can find are for trucks built in the U.S. and Canada. I was wondering if anyone knows if the hoods and fenders are interchangeable. I know they are different part numbers but knowbody can tell what the difference is. CAN ANYBODY HELP PLEASE!! Thanks name is Mike.

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard, you may get more help by posting this question in the apperance and aftermarket forum.

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club. Man thats a new one on me.

4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome!! Sorry, I can't help you either.

Good luck though in finding an answer soon.

5. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

6. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club! I can't help either, but I definitely think you'll have better luck posting in the abovementioned sub-forum. Best of luck!

7. sgtsjj

sgtsjj Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the club mike and X3 on what murdog said, hope you find the answer you are looking for

8. MTD515

MTD515 New Member

Ha everyone thanks for the welcome. I did some research today and found my answer at a salavage yard of all places. Not even GM themselves could give me the answer except for the hood and fenders are different part numbers. I found out that the hood and fenders on Mexico built trucks mount together different than trucks built in USA/ Canada. Everything else on the truck is the same EXCEPT for the hood and front fenders. Leave it to GM to throw a curve ball like that. This has been driving me crazy for 3 weeks and I got the answer. I looked at aftermarket companys for hoods and they dont offer hood for these trucks. So if you have a Mexico built truck with the first digit of the VIN of 3, I could not even get a aftermarket hood for it. Let everyone you know that has one of these trucks and is trying to do repairs themselves.

9. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Thanks for that great info.

10. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Welcome to the Club, Mike.
    I put a salvage hood on my wifes 02 south-of-the-border Sub, and it fit fine. I'll have to check the paperwork to see if that VIN was a 3. Did you find out if it is just the GMC line?

I found mine along the West shore, where are you located?