1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New from MS

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by nonnieselman, Jun 5, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site! Love to see good engine mods being done!
  2. nonnieselman

nonnieselman Member 1 Year

Yea bone stock 2004 LQ4 6.0L. It has a isky 215/215 .561/.561 114LSA +3* adv ground in. Isky valve springs. Br7ef ngk spark plugs
    And a 2BAR MAP from a colbalt SS. Tuned with EFI Live. 2bar open loop speed density.
    These engines are silly strong! Got a couple friends with cammed LQ4 with LS9 head gaskets and ARP head studs, at ~22psi he makes 1050hp to the wheels. Another that does 950 @20psi.
    Heck theres a stocm LR4 4.8 with a cam and big turbo in south carolina that put down 919rwhp/880rwtq and he runs 10.1's in a RC 2wd silverado. With a 35shot to get the turbo spooling haha. These LS engines are awesome. It just needs a quality turbo thats the right size and they will do 1000+hp and last quite awhile if the tune is dialed in.
  3. chevyk1500

chevyk1500 New Member

Yo man this is chevyk1500. Your truck is sharp as hell.
  4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!
  5. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

those 5.3's
    they have plain jane cast pistons right-not forged pistons?
    plain cast iron cranks-not forged steel?
    and folks put 900 HP thru them

GM offers a bolt in 383E stroker that can replace my 5.7-makes 340 hp vs 255-drop right in(except the trans isn't rated for 435 lb ft)
    but it has a forged crank-and 4 bolt mains
    Cheap too-$4800 dropped at my curb just 35 feet from my doorstep.
    If my 5.7 ever dies- 223,000 miles-absolutely no sign it is even tired-gets 21 mpg hy-leaks a little oil but doesn't use any oil- has good acceleration also-seems quick to me-but other car is a Prius,so....
    In any case if it ever dies-I will be REALLY REALLY tempted to get that drop in GM performance motor with an actual warranty
    I will probably die before it does

In any case-GREAT TRUCK!!
  6. nonnieselman

Yes all the LSx engines have hypereutectic pistons, and cast cranks.

If i had a old body style and my engine died, i would have surely went with a newer engine. you could do a 4.8 and a turbo charger and have twice the power easy for 4800$.

4.8, 5.3, or 6.0 with a 4L80E and turbo.. its the perfect combo :D
  7. 1ATony

1ATony Rockstar GMTC Sponsor 100 Posts

That's a pretty impressive truck. What a sleeper and a half...lol Thanks for joining the forum, it's great to have you here.

Tony
  8. nonnieselman

Thanks!!

i forgot about my buddys car in missouri.. its a 2001 camaro with a LQ9 which is the higher compression 6.0. On E85 he made something like 1300 to the wheels. he bumped it up a lil more to 28psi and it put down low 1400 but had a fuel injector that got mad and didnt play well. So it compressed a few rods and he pulled that motor and put a LQ4 in it. now with the new lq4 its sitting around 1200 to the wheels. It is rediclous on the highway with a 28" slick and a powerglide it will murder them tires.

- - - Updated - - -

and it looks so factory :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]