1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

New from NC

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by csirhc, May 1, 2011.

1. csirhc

csirhc New Member

Hi all, I have a 2006 Silverado W/T, 4.8L with 8ft bed and 60,000 miles. Very basic and blah. I did install an after market air filter with forced air. Looking to upgrade anywhere I can. Just started looking at headers. Not looking to make it a show truck, just more fun and a little nicer. Any suggestions will help.

2. jbjohnson92f

jbjohnson92f Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

welcome to the club

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club, maybe a Diablo Preditor programmer next. MarylandSpeed.com has them for $279.00 shipped.

4. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard!

5. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!! Can you post some pics of your ride? That will help others makes suggestions. Also, what are you looking to do in terms of making it "nicer?" Audio, performance, accessories, off-road, street, etc. The more info we have the more relevant and better ideas we can toss your way.

6. csirhc

csirhc New Member

Sorry about that, definitely in the performance area. I have been looking at headers. Not sure whats better short or long tube. Someone also suggested a programmer which Im looking into. Pictures will come soon.

7. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !

8. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

If you go with headers and don't have to worry about state inspections then I would go with long tubes.

9. csirhc

csirhc New Member

No inspection for me. My truck is registered in MI even though I live in NC. Plus I'm military so I do everything through the mail.

10. IPFK83

IPFK83 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Welcome to the club. Long tubes will pass in NC just throwin it out there but I would do a tuner before I do headers. Have you done any other exhaust mods like a cat back yet?